What's everyone planning for sliders?

PaulNY

I am considering the JCR sliders as they seem simple to install, and I like the looks of them with a slight upward angle. Are there any other sliders that you all recommend, or are planning on running?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am considering the JCR sliders as they seem simple to install, and I like the looks of them with a slight upward angle. Are there any other sliders that you all recommend, or are planning on running?

Personally, I would recommend against running JCR products. After talking to them, I've found them to be absolutely full of themselves and really, for no good reason. Over on WAYALIFE, there have been a number of people who've regretted buying their products due to poor fitment and durability. On a JK-Experience a few years back, there was a muddy trail that pretty much forced you to hit a tree with your front bumper. Of all the bumpers out there,the only one to taco was a JCR. Someone even made a meme for it.

20170715171248-d04ebe75.jpg

With that said, the factory Rubicon sliders work great. If you're really wanting to replace them, I would give LoD a look as I know they're developing a set now. I've run them in the past on our JK's and they held up great. EVO is another company I would look to if you're wanting a set of weld on sliders. They're what we're still running on our 2 JKs.

PaulNY

Personally, I would recommend against running JCR products. After talking to them, I've found them to be absolutely full of themselves and really, for no good reason. Over on WAYALIFE, there have been a number of people who've regretted buying their products due to poor fitment and durability. On a JK-Experience a few years back, there was a muddy trail that pretty much forced you to hit a tree with your front bumper. Of all the bumpers out there,the only one to taco was a JCR. Someone even made a meme for it.

20170715171248-d04ebe75.jpg

With that said, the factory Rubicon sliders work great. If you're really wanting to replace them, I would give LoD a look as I know they're developing a set now. I've run them in the past on our JK's and they held up great. EVO is another company I would look to if you're wanting a set of weld on sliders. They're what we're still running on our 2 JKs.

Ouch!!!! Good to know and thanks Eddie. With the current available offerings, which do you recommend or prefer? The more I think about it, why don't I just ship my Jeep to you with my CC, and you and Cindy build it for me lol.

Seriously, I have no idea what it good and bad regarding aftermarket products, so I will stay far away from JCR and will look at offerings you recommend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch!!!! Good to know and thanks Eddie. With the current available offerings, which do you recommend or prefer? The more I think about it, why don't I just ship my Jeep to you with my CC, and you and Cindy build it for me lol.

Seriously, I have no idea what it good and bad regarding aftermarket products, so I will stay far away from JCR and will look at offerings you recommend.

LOL!! Being that you have a Rubicon and already have rock sliders that works pretty well, I personally would hold off on replacing them. There will be a ton of options coming our way and soon. BTW, I edited my first response. As you will see, I recommended that you might give LoD and EVO a look once they have something available. Of all the rocker guards I have tested out on the JK over the last 11 years, both have done well to serve me best.

PaulNY

Just talked to Chris over at LoD and he states the JL sliders will be available in about 2 weeks. I gave him my contact information, and told him I was ready to buy the first one he has available. Sorry Eddie, beat you to it :D Seriously, thanks for the recommendation and the LoD sliders look amazing. I am going with the signature series :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just talked to Chris over at LoD and he states the JL sliders will be available in about 2 weeks. I gave him my contact information, and told him I was ready to buy the first one he has available. Sorry Eddie, beat you to it :D Seriously, thanks for the recommendation and the LoD sliders look amazing. I am going with the signature series :thumb:

LOL!! It's all good by me. I think you'll be quite happy with them. I know I was back when I was running them on my JKs :yup:

JTCO

Meme King

Awesome. I think you'll like them. The step is very well designed. I hope they mount to the frame on the JL like they do on the JK. Solid design.

JL2018

LOL!! Being that you have a Rubicon and already have rock sliders that works pretty well, I personally would hold off on replacing them. There will be a ton of options coming our way and soon. BTW, I edited my first response. As you will see, I recommended that you might give LoD and EVO a look once they have something available. Of all the rocker guards I have tested out on the JK over the last 11 years, both have done well to serve me best.

Any difference in performance between bolt-on vs weld-on? My buddy has EVO weld-on and REALLY gives them great reviews, but they're in a little close to be able to step up on them and I would like them out just an inch or so farther. Also, want to save as much paint on my rocker panels as I can. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any difference in performance between bolt-on vs weld-on? My buddy has EVO weld-on and REALLY gives them great reviews, but they're in a little close to be able to step up on them and I would like them out just an inch or so farther. Also, want to save as much paint on my rocker panels as I can. :)

You can actually get EVO sliders with a lower angle so that they act more like side steps. That being said, I have run both and both have served me well. Bolt is more convenient for most being that you don't need to know how to weld or have it installed for you.

JL2018

You can actually get EVO sliders with a lower angle so that they act more like side steps. That being said, I have run both and both have served me well. Bolt is more convenient for most being that you don't need to know how to weld or have it installed for you.

Thanks, I'll have to do some research on them. I didn't want a full sidestep, but at least an inch or two out from the jeep.

JL2018

I have a welder, but will have a friend do it. I want it to be nice and clean. I weld stuff on my other truck and trailer, but it never really looks good. Man's got to know his limitations.

PaulNY

We chose to weld our LoD ones on our JK just to save time drilling the holes, lol.

Glad you mentioned that. Chris at LoD told me that the new sliders for the JL will not require drilling like on the JK. That is for both the signature series and destroyer series.

RMC2

I am very happy with my EVO low angle sliders. Very stout and can take a beating. I was sitting on them yesterday working under/around the dash. They stick out far enough for about half a cheek.

NFRs2000NYC

I am very happy with my EVO low angle sliders. Very stout and can take a beating. I was sitting on them yesterday working under/around the dash. They stick out far enough for about half a cheek.

How big a cheek are we talkin here? Rosie Odonnel or more along the lines of Melania Trump? lol