What Name Would You Like the All New Jeep JT Pickup Truck to be Called?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a recent article published on AutoBlog, Jeep's global chief Mike Manley suggested that they "could go back to one from the record books" when it comes to a name above and beyond the "JT". Certainly, names like "Gladiator", "J-Series" or even "Comanche" do come to mind and I was wondering what you Jeep Truck loving guys thought? What name would you go with, something from the record books? Something new? Or, maybe just it letter designation, "JT"? I'd love to know what you think :yup:

Manley wouldn't speculate on a name, though it has a long list of historic choices. Jeep used "Comanche" on a Cherokee-based pickup from 1986-92 and had the Gladiator/J-Series for a larger truck from 1963-87. "Of course we could go back to one of the record books [for a name]," Manley said.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/13/...ias-2017-interview/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

main.php

Although I have a soft spot for all Jeep trucks in my heart, since this one is supposed to be Wrangler based, I would love to see the Scrambler name brought back!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Although I have a soft spot for all Jeep trucks in my heart, since this one is supposed to be Wrangler based, I would love to see the Scrambler name brought back!

I tend to agree with you. IF anything, Scrambler would be more appropriate than Gladiator being that the truck would be Wrangler based.

Maybe name it after a trail.

Now that's an idea for sure but what trail would be the real question.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I don't care what they name it I just hope it is priced where it should be. If they price it like a ram it needs to compare to a ram not a ranger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't care what they name it I just hope it is priced where it should be. If they price it like a ram it needs to compare to a ram not a ranger.

Couldn't agree with you more! As much as I want a Jeep truck, I'd rather have a RAM if it's gonna cost as much as one.

That's a great point. Id hate to see it become unattainable because they priced it like and AEV Brute. I would love to see the Wrangler trucks comparatively priced to Tacoma's.

JLRay

I have a feeling their gonna price it like the Ram but I'm hopeing not if I'm ever gonna get one in the future.