Rubicon Express JL7134E 2" Lift Kit with Shock Extensions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a bunch of spacers. Can't really go too wrong with that. I'd be hard pressed to think you could run 37's unless it's got crazy tall bump stop extensions. Of course, there's 37's and then there's 37's. For the cost, I could see people jumping on them.

ambrose

Haha.. I don't even know enough to know the qualifications you're referring to about 37s. You decide yet what you're gonna do with yours?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are supposed to drive AROUND those concrete barriers at the mall, not over them lol. Was curious. I had AEVs on my JK way back in day. The do help the geometry but I destroyed them 2nd time out.

:doh: Is that how you're supposed to do it? :crazyeyes:

Yeah, the brackets do a great job of restoring suspension geometry but as it is, my lower control arm mounts take a beating. I'm surprised you were able to keep yours together for so long :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking into running the RE JL7100 kit with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks. Any opinion on Rubicon Express? Good, bad, or indifferent?

15 to 20 years ago, Rubicon Express was all the rage and they deserved it being that they made good products. After they went out of business due to poor managment, they got absorbed by 4WheelParts and today, I don't know too many people who are serious about Jeeps that would consider them and if only because 4WheelParts pimps them.

JT w/a JL

Gotcha. I've been looking around and haven't seen seen too many people discussing them, so I figured there must be a reason.

I'm running the stock suspension on my JLU Sport and I ran my rear 315 into my fender yesterday, so I figured I should get the lift on sooner rather than later haha.

That actually leads me to another question. Can you install bump stop extensions on a stock suspension?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited: