JL JOURNAL : STOCK on the ROCKS - Rock Crawling a Stock JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JL JOURNAL : STOCK on the ROCKS - Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon on Last Chance Canyon Trail

Although we have had a chance to take JET Li, our brand new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, out on dirt and even up some rocks down the street from us, what Cindy and I have been really dying to do, is put him to the test and out on one of our all time favorite trails, Last Chance Canyon. Located in the El Paso Mountains near the town of Ridgecrest, Last Chance Canyon is a relatively short but beautiful trail that's filled with tons of great history and of course, plenty of rocks that are just small enough for a bone stock Jeep to take on but still big enough for a built up Jeep to have fun on. In fact, it's because of this reason that we typically like to take people who are new to Jeeps, out on this trail and to give them their very first taste of wheeling.

In this episode of the JL Journal, you get to see totally raw and unscripted footage of JET Li taking on the rocks, out in Last Chance Canyon and totally bone stock. Clearly, what you'll see is far far from hardcore rock crawling but we think it'll give you some idea of what an JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is capable of and right off the showroom floor. We will have to apologize ahead of time for the quality of this video as we were using a back-up camera the day this was filmed and it isn't exactly the best. We hope that you'll enjoy the video just the same.

JTCO

Meme King
Great video. Pretty amazing what that that thing can do stock. Is your street pressure typically at 45?

JL2018

Looks like we'll have to weld a little skid plate under the license. :)

Thanks for the video, I might not have known that until too late. Lately plastic trim is getting more expensive to replace.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Pretty amazing what that that thing can do stock. Is your street pressure typically at 45?

LOL!! Oh no, not on any of my other Jeeps. Our JL did come with 45 in the tires from the factory though. I will have to say that it sure as hell doesn't feel like it - super smooth ride even at that psi.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like we'll have to weld a little skid plate under the license. :)

Thanks for the video, I might not have known that until too late. Lately plastic trim is getting more expensive to replace.

LOL!! Not necessarily. The holder seemed to be clipped in place and maybe even made to do what you saw. I literally just pushed it back in and all was good. :yup:

JeepFan

Great video! Wish we could have joined you that day. Your JL made that trail look easy! The JL is truly one hell of a rig.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Wish we could have joined you that day. Your JL made that trail look easy! The JL is truly one hell of a rig.

We'll have to do it again but you will have to be willing to hear some of that screeching sound coming from the underside of your Jeep :eek: :crazyeyes: :D

JeepFan

We'll have to do it again but you will have to be willing to hear some of that screeching sound coming from the underside of your Jeep :eek: :crazyeyes: :D
LOL! As soon as the newness wears off in about 30,000 miles. Just kidding! [emoji51]. Let's do it!

JTCO

Meme King
.... you will have to be willing to hear some of that screeching sound coming from the underside of your Jeep....

Speaking of screeching sounds, that one clip right before you talked about the fan, I was like WTF is that noise?! Then you revealed it. That fan is loud!

JeepFan

Speaking of screeching sounds, that one clip right before you talked about the fan, I was like WTF is that noise?! Then you revealed it. That fan is loud!
The screeching metal is all I heard. Eddie tried to cover that up with the fan but obviously that idea failed. 🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! As soon as the newness wears off in about 30,000 miles. Just kidding! [emoji51]. Let's do it!

:cheesy: cool :)

The fan is crazy powerful. I'll bet it can keep a HEMI cool. :crazyeyes: