Just Placed my Order - FireCrackerRed JLUR

Bueller44

Moved to D1

Some progress - just moved into D1 status.
"Tyler: From the information available, the vehicle is currently in D1 status. So, basically waiting for its turn down the assembly line."
I know it's minimal progress, but I have been in D status for 20 days and I was getting impatient!!

It's the little things that make us happy!!

Bueller44

Just received an email from
My sales guy:

Hi Mike,

Your Jeep has now been built and we are expecting it between April 23 and April 25.

Will keep you posted.

Oh ya!!! I’m excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bueller44

The Chat function on Chrysler.com will now not assist any customers from Canada. They have actually changed the info screen prior to getting an agent and added the requirement of an address. For 6 weeks I was getting helped by great people who were more than willing to help a Jeep buyer! Then about 10 days ago they kept telling me “no more” - I must call a Canadian 1-800 number - which results in no help at all! Just directed to call my dealer. Well that’s BULL!!! I know it is built, but I want to know when it’s shipped. Where is JeepCares now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RMC2

Try using an address for a Jeep dealer south of the border as your address, the south of the Canadian border for those who aren’t paying attention.

Bueller44

KZ status now

Ok, I think it is harder to wait knowing that the Jeep has actually been built and is ready to ship. I just got bumped back a week on the potential delivery to the dealer. CHAT (which I had to give a US address to get them to give me the order info - won't give to Canadian address):
"Thank you for holding Mike. I see your ETA Window for Delivery to Dealership is 04/28/2018 - 05/02/2018. These dates are not a promise, or guarantee, can change. Vehicle has been approved for shipment but shipment arrangements have not yet been completed."
Confirmed that this is "KZ" status.

Please ship soon!!!!

Bueller44

It has SHIPPED!!!

Ok, I'm sure I'm getting annoying to that people on the Chrysler Chat ..........and using a US address has worked perfectly. As of today, my new FIRECRACKER RED Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon has left the building!!!

Quote from chat........Amber: Your order has been shipped and we have an ETA of 04/24/2018 - 04/28/2018!

Actually moved up a week from last ETA! Yes!!!
I want to start a countdown - maybe to the 28th - T-24 days until she arrives!!

fullsizeoutput_2c8e.jpg

Bueller44

ETA for delivery to the dealer is April 21-24 - that’s less than a week!! Hope it arrives at the early side of these dates! Lining up the 3M for the delivery day!

Bueller44

My JLUR went thru a town an hour from here on Monday the 16th on the train. Was offloaded down in the Vancouver area on Tuesday. Drove by the dealer on Friday - not there yet. It’s a 4 hour drive from where she was offloaded to the dealer. Hopping the truck delivers it sometime this weekend and I’ll get the call Monday or Tuesday!! Finger crossed!! It so damn close it’s killing me!! Time to go strip down my JKU mods!

RMC2

Awesome. I’m glad my tip worked for you. Now if they can just get it the last step of the way there.

Bueller44

Latest from Jeep chat.

“Dawn: Thank you for holding Mike. I was able to locate an update for you. I am showing that the vehicle is in the shipping faze. There is an ETA of 05/07/2018 - 05/11/2018
Mike Buell: I know it’s come across the country by rail and has been in the area since April 20. So this is a new status, does it mean it is now being shipped the final stage?
Dawn: The ETA is when the vehicle would be getting to the selling dealership.
Mike Buell: Is there a status code? I ask as the eta keeps getting moved back even though the Jeep has been on anacis island since April 20. Sorry, just trying to understand why it keeps getting pushed back.
Dawn: It is showing in KZ status.
Mike Buell: Ok, thanks for your help”

So my eta has moved back from4/24 to 5/7 over the last 12 days. It has been in KZ status for 12 days and counting. The Jeep,is actually here in Vancouver, 4 hrs from my dealership. My sales guy says they have inquired but the Jeep,has not been “released” by FCA and until,that happens, they have no control. Very annoying as I travel for work, so I’m not home every week. Just want the damn Jeep already!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bueller44

And the saga continues. On May 15th my JLUR that’s been in the province for almost 4 weeks was now in some kind of quality control audit. Good thing is that it has been unloaded from the rail car. Bad thing is, my mind starts thinking it has been damaged. I ordered feb 23 and I’m tired of waiting. No eta to dealer anymore. Yikes!
Apparently there is a shortage of rail cars, due to a shortage of space to unload cars, due to a shortage of trucks to deliver the cars. Vancouver is a port for all cars from Asia into Canada. The down side of a strong economy!! I’ll just keep waiting and hope for the best!!

AlexJL

This waiting time is killing, I ordered the same as yours Firecracker- fully loaded ;)
Got the vin last week, now is the hardest part - waitingggggggg

But hey - eventually it’ll be here ( trying to stay positive)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bueller44

I went down to the rail yard where my Jeep has apparently been stuck since April 24th. It has completed quality control which took 3 weeks of that time. After driving around and climbing up on my rental car I spotted a Firecracker Red Rubicon with color matched hard top and fenders. The only Red Rubi around! Had to be mine.

Went back this morning to see if it left that night, and it was gone!!

Go home from my trip this afternoon with an email from the dealership that my Jeep has arrived and will have the PDI done today or tomorrow. I told them I will be there tomorrow afternoon to pick her up!! WOW! I still can't believe it is actually here!!! Pinch me!!

Will post pictures once I have her!!

826ldrGURpmzUlCikTXzxw.jpg

Bueller44

Ok, a few more pics from last night. All driveway!! Lol I also had a choice of a free gift from the dealership. Went with the BBQ.
Loved the drive right away. Just has more pep with the 8-spd. And the U-Connect system has really improved over what was in my 2014. Alpine stereo sounds light years better than the JK. And everything feels solid. Soft top was in a huge box in the back. Make sure you don’t bring the family with your trade in. You won’t all get in. I’ll be installing the soft top next weekend.
Monday she goes into the 3M guys for some extra protection on the rock magnet areas as well a little something extra - will show when I start my build thread!!

Now I just want to drive but must work!

Last edited: