brought my white JLU Rubicon home

dbungard

Hi, do these have the strength like a slider? I’ve got the rubi coming and the wife has already stayed she wants a proper step in. I want the protection of a slider. Does this premium rock rail do both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, full strength, just like factory sliders but wider

dbungard

added some Yakima accessories

Added some Yakima accessories. Extended the roof basket with the LoadWarrior Extension, added shovel and Hi-lift mounting brackets, and their Slim Shady awning. Everything is working nicely together.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 138

dbungard

What does all that stuff up to do to the wind noise and gas mileage at 70-75 mph?

Not sure yet. I don't do a lot of highway driving unless I'm traveling somewhere. My guess is it will take a 2 mpg hit.

The nice thing about the Mopar rack is how removable it is though -- i can back it into my garage, and loosen the rack mounting feet and just lift the entire rack system off, similar to how you'd lift a hard top off on a hoist. Or it's not hard to just take the basket off with brackets attached, and leave the rack in place.

dbungard

WARN Zeon 10S install on factory bumper with WARN Winch Plate

Added the WARN Zeon 10S on the factory bumper with WARN Winch Plate. Part numbers in video below. Pretty straight forward install, but those 4 interior frame bolts are 'sporty' to get to.

https://youtu.be/ZD54GfoNJGc

dbungard

TN Mountains Jeep Jamboree

got some trail time at the 2018 TN Mountains Jeep Jamboree. Got to flex, use the lockers, and spend about 8 hours each day on the trails. Back home now with just some dings in the skid plates and rock rash on the wheels. Overall, it performed quite well.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpgIMG_1639.jpg