Where would you mount an ARB twin air compressor

RMC2

For those with a JL, or those that have looked hard enough:

Where do you think you would or could mount an ARB twin air compressor? I currently have mine under the hood on the JK. Not crazy about under the seat option.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously doubt you could mount one under the hood on a JL. Not saying that it can't be done but there's very little real estate to work with.

JAGS

What about tucked way up where the old evap used to be? Then just run an outlet somewhere more convenient to use to connect the hose when wanting to air up. Does it need to be out of the elements? That might be a deal breaker then.

I don't currently use an arb nor do I have my JL yet. So take it for what it is.

Just working on post count really. Kind of screwed since there is no wine thread here. Lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What about tucked way up where the old evap used to be? Then just run an outlet somewhere more convenient to use to connect the hose when wanting to air up. Does it need to be out of the elements? That might be a deal breaker then.

I don't currently use an arb nor do I have my JL yet. So take it for what it is.

Just working on post count really. Kind of screwed since there is no wine thread here. Lol.

It'd be a bad idea to put it there as water would ruin it. Trust me, I've tried doing something like this on Moby back in the day.

JAGS

It'd be a bad idea to put it there as water would ruin it. Trust me, I've tried doing something like this on Moby back in the day.

Was kind of thinking that, but wasn't sure. Guess it stick with my portable air that has been treating me well all these years. [emoji106] At least for now.

Which has me thinking... you should add those to the WAL store if you haven't already. I have the ViAir brand and has worked good.

Jasper

I have the ARB dual compressor under my hood on JK. Didnt want to wait for months for product to come out so I saved my almost $400 just fro the pump and got the smitty built 5.6 CFM one.. Its highewr rated then the ARB dual.

JTCO

Meme King
I have the ARB dual compressor under my hood on JK. Didnt want to wait for months for product to come out so I saved my almost $400 just fro the pump and got the smitty built 5.6 CFM one.. Its highewr rated then the ARB dual.

That's the first time I've heard 'smittybuilt' and 'higher rated' in the same sentence, lol, but regardless glad to hear you got it going. Where did you mount it at?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's the first time I've heard 'smittybuilt' and 'higher rated' in the same sentence, lol, but regardless glad to hear you got it going. Where did you mount it at?

:cheesy: Kinda what I was thinking too but really, that's a moot point. I too would like to know where it's mounted. :yup:

RMC2

It definitely looked tight under the hood. I may be stuck with under the seat(wife won't like that), or maybe convert it to a portable setup with some heavy gauge clips or a heavy gage 12v plug like a portable winch.

I didn't think underneath would be an option, but good to hear sage advice on that idea as I was curious.

Not that I am getting one........

JTCO

Meme King
It definitely looked tight under the hood. I may be stuck with under the seat(wife won't like that), or maybe convert it to a portable setup with some heavy gauge clips or a heavy gage 12v plug like a portable winch.

I didn't think underneath would be an option, but good to hear sage advice on that idea as I was curious.

Not that I am getting one........

I run an arb twin inside. It's not that bad. My wife is usually in there with 3 kids and we're aired up in less than 10 minutes. Another thread came up about this on wayalife, so I asked her about the compressor noise. She said it wasn't bad at all. Plus, a lot of times while airing up, we're all outside mingling and talking and nobody is inside the Jeep dealing with the noise.

RMC2

I run an arb twin inside. It's not that bad. My wife is usually in there with 3 kids and we're aired up in less than 10 minutes. Another thread came up about this on wayalife, so I asked her about the compressor noise. She said it wasn't bad at all. Plus, a lot of times while airing up, we're all outside mingling and talking and nobody is inside the Jeep dealing with the noise.

Good to know. Last time she stayed in the Jeep. The top mostly open, but it was hot and she was tired. But it also was a cheap portable I had then.

Jasper

Maybe they will make a sway bar disconnect to suit your needs too.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Really nice job Moderator being a smart azz to people for no reason?? I suggest as being a "moderator" you should hold yourself to higher standard then the standard trolls on boards!!!! There are many other groups I can share my massive wealth of knowledge about jeeps and offroading! I suggest you find a new job!

Last edited: