The Ultimate TRUE TIRE SIZE Database

Toycrusher

37x12.5x17 KO2. 500 miles, 30 psi

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but all 4 measure only about 34-1/4" tall to the shoulder

IMG_20190921_081210.jpg
IMG_20190921_081141.jpg

Toycrusher

Interesting enough, tire measured 34.25" but I had to set my Tazer to 36.5" to get the right speedometer reading :thinking:

idpagal

I have put on BFG KO2 285/75R17 tires. BFG specs say the diameter is 33.9 inches. What is the number I should put in Tazer?

Zenman323

37 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
New - 90 miles Mounted on Jeep with full weight
30 P.S.I.
35.25" high

I used 35.5 in the Tazer and the Speedo is right on.IMG_2857.jpg

Zenman323

I have put on BFG KO2 285/75R17 tires. BFG specs say the diameter is 33.9 inches. What is the number I should put in Tazer?

You want to take a true measurement and plug that number in then take it for a ride and compare to a GPS speed and adjust accordingly.

CalSgt

You want to take a true measurement and plug that number in then take it for a ride and compare to a GPS speed and adjust accordingly.

Thats what I did... Bought a speedometer app for about $2. Checked the speed on all of my vehicles.

BFG KM3 275/70r18
34psi on the dash / 32 on arb deflator
2500 miles
31.25” (should’ve been 33.2)

Attachments

• F5A5C724-D7EA-4952-87E1-45D4CD9C8025.jpeg
    F5A5C724-D7EA-4952-87E1-45D4CD9C8025.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 152

alkapin

Are those things still around?
why not? and quite popular judging by number of Youtubers running or used to run them. I don't like them personally but the benefit is that they are quite and very light in bigger sizes comparable to other more popular brands.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because a "number of Youtubers" run Patagonia's doesn't mean it's "quite popular", it just means that Milestar was good about giving their tires away for free to "influencers" to convince people like you that they are. I personally know people who've had them and can tell you that they're difficult to balance, will cup unless you overinflate them and drive them on their crown (this was specifically told to me by a Milestar rep) and are horrible off road, especially on slick surfaces. See video below and notice which tires had the hardest time.

Last edited:

alkapin

Just because a "number of Youtubers" run Patagonia's doesn't mean it's "quite popular", it just means that Milestar was good about giving their tires away for free to "influencers" to convince people like you that they are. I personally know people who've had them and can tell you that they're difficult to balance, will cup unless you overinflate them and drive them on their crown (this was specifically told to me by a Milestar rep) and are horrible off road, especially on slick surfaces. See video below and notice which tires had the hardest time.

Thanks for insight Eddie.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizzBang

Toyo Open Country ATIII, 285/75-17 on KMC Dirty Harry wheels.
93 lbs on the scale at 32PSI, 32-7/8" tall to outside lug. 33.25" for spedo calibration.

Attachments

• IMG_1489a.jpg
    IMG_1489a.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tiresa.jpg
    tiresa.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19

JP223/3USA

Watched the video again and those Patgonias drove like minivan tires in the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app