The Beer Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say that I'm really into nitro but I do love me a Russian Imperial Stout! Might have to look into this one :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I love milkshakes and I love beer. Nitro brings me the best of both worlds. Rich & creamy & alcohol. LOL! Plus the sound when you pop the can... gotta admit it's pretty cool. Wake Up Dead delivers a really smooth & mellow buzz. It's a seasonal release, so I'll probably go pick up 5 or 10 more 4-packs.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've still got a case/12 pack of Stone WOOT Stout that is displayed in my dining room cabinet. Lol. I haven't had the heart to open it yet.

20181009_171913-768x1024.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
I love milkshakes and I love beer. Nitro brings me the best of both worlds. Rich & creamy & alcohol. LOL! Plus the sound when you pop the can... gotta admit it's pretty cool. Wake Up Dead delivers a really smooth & mellow buzz. It's a seasonal release, so I'll probably go pick up 5 or 10 more 4-packs.

I don't even have to burden myself with the decision of what beer to buy anymore. I just come here and read your posts, lol. Just poured the Lefthand one. It's pretty good. Honestly though after trying this nitro and the other milk stout nitro, I don't really see a huge difference in flavor compared to a regular stout. But I do like the easy pour feature. We brewed a lot of stouts when we used to brew, and we would always add an extra sugar to add the creaminess/thickness. I think it was called maltodextrin.

IMG_20181009_180138_435.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Just tried a new one called Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Ales in Newport Oregon. Amazing. One of the best I've had in a while. In is perfectly balanced. It was in a single pint so I'm not sure if it's sold in 6 packs.

IMG_20181011_174335_001.jpg

IMG_20181011_174234_097.jpg

ddays v2

fo.jpg

Foreign Objects Brewing. Beer is "Glass Candle Grenades" :thinking: Hazy IPA Weird name but one of my new favorite brews.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Oh man, I'm really missing out this weekend. Everybody's drinking without me. Actually went out and picked up a whole bunch of that Wake Up Dead Nitro and a few other goodies as well. Just haven't had the time to pop a top.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Alright, I picked up a couple of new beers. I'm going to crack these open for game night tonight. I'm pretty excited about this limited edition New Belgium / Knob Creek collaboration. I'll post Impressions later.

20181020_185406-1280x960.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
I'm intrigued. You know, I think you're about 90 minutes north of me. We're going to have to get together over a beer some day. Colorado Suds & Grub.

Agreed. This beer is really good. It's more hoppy than malty IMO. So has more of a refreshing flavor than a heavy one.