JL Wrangler Runny Rear Window Sprayer

SedonaJL

Add mine as well...didn’t have any problems since I bought my JL in February until I went to Asheville NC and went up on he Blue Ridge Parkway and now I have the dreaded dribble.Will try some of the fixes...[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It really is a funny thing. I've owned hard tops at some point and time for just about ever Jeep I've ever owned. This is the very first to have a dribble problem. :crazyeyes:

captainrandal

I don't mind a little dribble every now and then, but recently I have been having the rear window seal leaking a black sticky goo on to the body on both sides. It appears that it is a sealant inside the seal, allong with a second ribbed seal inside.
Anyone else, or more importantly how to fix it?

Randy

WWRuby_Svi

Mine just started this last week as well. I noticed the water mark but didn’t put it together until now. The only noticeable change in environment for me was temp. Up until now it’s been cool but this last week it’s been 70s and 80s.

I did try running the water for a few seconds and after I turned it off it dripped for a few more seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLSahara

I did get the dribbles after a huge change in temperatures here too. Weird. I’ll try that 60 second fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I do not have a JL yet, but I have read recently that drilling a tiny hole in the reservoir cap may solve the drip. Good luck...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny when I read this. I was just at the dealership looking at new JL's and everyone of them had dried washer fluid on the rear window from there dribble. So definitely not an isolated issue.

Nah, not isolated at all. So far, if I use mine regularly, it keeps the sprayer from dribbling but I don't always have a need to use it :crazyeyes:

tobyw

Mine too, and now it's all over the rear plastic interior quarter panel cover since we took the hard top off and put the washer hose in the not-so-handy storage clip thingy :rolleyes2:

bbb_fatboy

I’ve had my JLU for 2 months and I noticed last week it started to dribble

After a month and a half, mine has started to drip as well - has anyone got a dealer-provided solution? Since quite a few JLs are doing it now, I'm wondering if there is a "solution" other than to spray it for a minute or so.