JL Wrangler Runny Rear Window Sprayer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anxious to see how you troubleshoot this. I almost wonder if it's a check ball near the washer pump rather than a leaky jet itself. It's crazy that both you and Eddie have this issue while others don't. We have food/drink issues like that up here that leak because of altitude gains in our hills, but I wouldn't think you guys would down there :idontknow:

I'm high enough that food and drinks will expand to the point of being an issue but like you said, it was odd that both of us have this issue especially being that Tony lives so much lower and really, we where we went over the weekend was well below sea level :crazyeyes:

I know this might be something you've already tried but what about checking the plug in the back of the jeep? Say if you were to remove the top, theres the plug for the windshield wiper and fluid hose. It might not be connected all the way. If air is allowed to get in, the fluid will just dribble out especially with a little help from bumps off road. I still haven't gotten my jeep back to check. Hope this helps!

Yeah, I checked the hose near the rear glass but I suppose it could be loose somewhere else. I'll give it another look. For now, it hasn't dribbled since getting back from our trip but then, I haven't driven it since.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! After at least a month of nothing, it would appear that our rear window washer nozzle is runny again. :rolleyes2:

IMG_9573.jpg

LauraRose

No problem with my rear washer nozzle, sorry you guys are having issues... I'm sure jeep will take care of it for you.

Laura Rose from PA

jljordan

Mine is leaking too. We've only had our JL for three weeks and it seems like its getting worse. This makes my OCD flair up.

dajuicejml

Add me to the list of those with a leaky sprayer.. Mine has even started leaving etching like acid rain would and I've had to polish the window to remove fully. Is there a fix??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Add me to the list of those with a leaky sprayer.. Mine has even started leaving etching like acid rain would and I've had to polish the window to remove fully. Is there a fix??

A check valve or one that worked would do the trick. Mine stopped leaking for quite a while after spraying it quite a bit but as you can see, it's back again.

Thanks! I'll give it a try and see if it quits drooling.

I'd be interested in knowing if it does work for you like it had for me.

jljordan

I'd be interested in knowing if it does work for you like it had for me.

Reporting back. I ran the washer for about 60 seconds straight on Friday. I kept an eye on it all weekend and it appears to have stopped. I'll continue to monitor it and let you know if starts back up again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Reporting back. I ran the washer for about 60 seconds straight on Friday. I kept an eye on it all weekend and it appears to have stopped. I'll continue to monitor it and let you know if starts back up again.

Cool, thanks for posting this up. That's essentially what I had done and it worked for a long time.