Thread: JL Rubicon bigger HD brakes questions

JL Rubicon bigger HD brakes questions

Any thoughts on the new HD supposedly bigger brakes (BR6) that come standard on the JL Rubicon and Sahara and the advanced brake booster? How do they perform?

What are the differences on the sport regular brakes? Are they bigger than the JK?
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Any thoughts on the new HD supposedly bigger brakes (BR6) that come standard on the JL Rubicon and Sahara and the advanced brake booster? How do they perform?

What are the differences on the sport regular brakes? Are they bigger than the JK?
    I drove a rubi about two weeks ago now and I have to say the stopping power is a big difference compared to the jk. Not sure if the rubi I drove had bigger brakes but it sure felt better

Caught the Bug
    Are these the same upgraded brakes that jeep is selling as an aftermarket upgrade for the jl as well?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post

Now that we have over 1,000 miles on our odometer and a good number of them out on the trail, what I can tell you is that the new brakes are awesome! Granted, we are still wheeling with just stock tires but honestly, I still think they stop WAY BETTER than our factory JK ones ever did. There were countless times where I just wanted to slow up a bit on various obstacles but ended up coming to an abrupt stop. Took a bit to get used to

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Now that we have over 1,000 miles on our odometer and a good number of them out on the trail, what I can tell you is that the new brakes are awesome! Granted, we are still wheeling with just stock tires but honestly, I still think they stop WAY BETTER than our factory JK ones ever did. There were countless times where I just wanted to slow up a bit on various obstacles but ended up coming to an abrupt stop. Took a bit to get used to
    Wait, you mean they actually stop you. Lol. Welcomed change.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Wait, you mean they actually stop you. Lol. Welcomed change.
    LOL!! To the point where it was almost annoying me. I say this in jest of course but I've been so used to having pressure sensitive brakes - the more you push on the pedal, the more it stops. These brakes just wanna STOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! To the point where it was almost annoying me. I say this in jest of course but I've been so used to having pressure sensitive brakes - the more you push on the pedal, the more it stops. These brakes just wanna STOP!!!
    Thanks for the feedback. I finally saw, AND drove a new JLUR this afternoon. I posted up my review. I didn't really test the brakes, so this is still good info for me and others to hear about.

Just one more thing the engineers and product managers got right.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins