hello from Tennessee

dbungard

Hey JL Fans.

I'd imagine I'm like a lot of you and transitioning from my JKU to a JLU. Should pick it up this week.

Mixed feelings -- my 2008 JKU Rubi and I have been on some great adventures together. I'm the Product Manager at Jackson Kayak and Brand Manager of Orion Coolers and adventure travel is a big part of my life and job. The JK has been on great paddling, hunting, fly fishing and overland adventures. As I prepped it for trade in this week I was getting little nostalgic for sure.

But, we have a new baby, Barrett, and the JK was getting a little dated and unreliable. We're trading it in and my wife's Cherokee Trailhawk and consolidating from 3 to 2 vehicles (I drive a RAM Rebel also). Basically the JL has all the tweaks I'd done to my JK, aside from coming with a Gobi rack.

Looking forward to the next chapter of Jeep life and new adventures with the JLU Rubi.

Damon

Walter

Was the 2008 your first Wrangler?

Having reservations about trading in your current Wrangler is to be expected. There will be things that you will miss about your '08 and there may be things you don't like about the '18. But it's like a new pair of shoes... they hurt your feet until you get used to them. But once you do get used to them, they feel like they've been in your feet for every adventure. I believe you'll have some anxiety and then some aggravation but after that, I think you'll realize that it's not the Jeep so much as WHERE a Jeep can take you. That's the Jeep spirit... the adventure... stepping into the unknown. It's like a fine horse or hunting dog. You work with the creature until you can trust it. Then it becomes a part of you... a team member... a!trusted friend.

The JL won't be perfect but it WILL take you to the places with a view into heaven.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to have you here on JLWRANGLER. Once you get your JL, you'll never look back at your old JK. :cool:

dbungard

Was the 2008 your first Wrangler?

Having reservations about trading in your current Wrangler is to be expected. There will be things that you will miss about your '08 and there may be things you don't like about the '18. But it's like a new pair of shoes... they hurt your feet until you get used to them. But once you do get used to them, they feel like they've been in your feet for every adventure. I believe you'll have some anxiety and then some aggravation but after that, I think you'll realize that it's not the Jeep so much as WHERE a Jeep can take you. That's the Jeep spirit... the adventure... stepping into the unknown. It's like a fine horse or hunting dog. You work with the creature until you can trust it. Then it becomes a part of you... a team member... a!trusted friend.

The JL won't be perfect but it WILL take you to the places with a view into heaven.

Yes, the 2008 JK was my personal first Jeep. Grew up driving dad's XJ. On to new adventures for sure....

G0214387 - Version 2.jpg

dbungard

You surely are, my man, you surely are. VERY impressive bio, by the way!!! Are your adventures on Facebook???

Yes, my adventures usually end up on Facebook, or YouTube, or Sportsman Channel. I'm @damonbungard on Instagram.

On Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs4hdvSVBo7tcve6o_ANEhQ/videos

or full feature productions like a kayak bow hunt or TN backcountry backpack hunt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmEhOuwan5w&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_A7wxkb-Kc

I write for various blogs from ours to Winnebago to Orvis. My Orion stories are here:
https://explore.orioncoolers.com/team/damon-bungard/

dbungard

it's home

out with old, and in with the new. I have to say it's definitely a step up and impressive how well they addressed a lot of weaknesses of the JK in the new JL.

IMG_1121.jpgIMG_1123.jpgIMG_1124.jpgIMG_1127.jpgIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1130.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 14