New JLUR delima vs fixing my JKUR

RMC2

I have a delima. I apoligize up front for the long story. Get a new JL or fix my Jeep.

Now the Delima. Fix the jeep, or trade it in? If trading in, fix it up or keep it mostly as is?

Ok, I am now in such shock from what she said about going ahead and getting a new Jeep, I have to write a really long story to overcome it.

I love my 13 JKUR. But I have a mysterious issue with it that I should have raised on Wayalife, but haven't. I have found no one else report this issue, and my old dealer had never heard of it either.

The Jeep: It is still a mostly stock 13 JKUR with and auto with very few off road miles. And the problem first occurred before ANY off road miles. It has 275/75/17 BFG ATs and no lift.(EVO Enforcer it is still in the garage). It does have bumpers, EVO sliders and engine/trans skids.

Last edited:

RMC2

First: the Jeeps problem.

I am on my third transfer case because the jeep is shearing the splines off of the transmission output going into the transfer case. So jeep has replaced the shaft as well as the transfer case twice now. I only have 45,000 miles on it now, with it last breaking at about 38-39k. I personally think it is an issue with the transmission (maybe electrical or sensor issue). It doesn't seem to drop in neutral, and then when you shift from park to drive to reverse it is like you are slamming it into gear. It doesn't do it with it with very much force, so it cause probably very small hits that add up and shear the splines. It also takes the occasional hit when coasting to a stop or slowing down after the tranny seems to actually drop into neutral finally.

I am currently waiting for it to break again and it happens pretty fast when it lets go. Which now makes me leery to go on long trips until it gets fixed. I do drive it about 60 miles daily.

I don't look forward to finding a new dealer that I have no history with. The Army moved me again.

RMC2

Part two: I am saving to buy a house when I get out of the Army in two years and move home. So we are saving most of our money for that, and retirement.

I LOVE the JLUR, and still haven't even seen one in person. But thanks to Eddie and Cindy and all of you guys, I have wanted one.

Then my wife tells me this morning, while talking to my son who came up for the weekend, WHEN AM I GETTING A NEW JEEP. I don't who she is, and we she did with my real wife!!!!!!!

I told her it would probably cost us $20,000, and then she and $5,000 to fix it up? After asking what can I transfer over from the JK, like the new lift. I told her not much.

RMC2

Now the Delima. Fix the jeep, or trade it in? If trading in, fix it up or keep it mostly as is?

Ok, I am now in such shock from what she said about going ahead and getting a new Jeep, I have to write a really long story to overcome it.

Really not sure on a realistic trade in value, and whether I should add the lift and get new tires before I trade it in to try and increase the value or just try and sell the lift and Rancho 9000s. The lift is a EVO 3" Enforcer, plus drag link flip, EVO rockstars, and the front lower arms. Or leave the Jeep mostly as is? I will keep the winch, Arb double compressor, and some other minor stuff.

I have already discussed dealer issues and all that, sorry JAGS for the sixth grade comment. I don't know dealers around Kansas City at all. So I am flying blind.

The plan would be order the JLUR.

Last edited: