JL JOURNAL : A Quick Peek Underneath

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are new to working on Jeeps, ones with coils and a 4-link suspension system or are just plain curious, this episode of the JL Journal will give you a quick peek underneath JET Li, our brand new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar motor. Some of the things you'll get to see include the various components that make up the steering system, suspension system, drive train and skid plates and you'll even get to hear how some of them compare to what can be found on a JK. We hope you'll find the information in this short video to be helpful and as always, please let us know if you have any questions.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

That was very fun to see while I wait for the stork to bring ours. Seeing you actually handle the tie rod and track bar helped bring home the size difference from the JK. Thanks!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Those end forgings are so much bigger!!!

Don’t like the stabilizer tho. That just screams rock magnet. Hopefully someone comes out with a solution fast

Daro

Nice video. Do you know when the aftermarket skid plates for the oil pan and transmission line will show up?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those end forgings are so much bigger!!!

Don’t like the stabilizer tho. That just screams rock magnet. Hopefully someone comes out with a solution fast

It really is about time on the end forgings.

As far as the steering stabilizer, it's not really any worse than the JK was but I would have hoped that it would have been addressed with the JL. Someone will have a fix soon, I'm sure of it.

JAGS

Very cool vid. [emoji106] I'll be referring back to it for sure.

Been wanting to ask this for a while. What exactly is the benefit to outboard shocks at the rear axle. ???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool vid. [emoji106] I'll be referring back to it for sure.

Been wanting to ask this for a while. What exactly is the benefit to outboard shocks at the rear axle. ???

Improved stability and easier to work on. For our purposes, it opens the doors to more options like greater travel and coil overs :yup:

Tellico

Hey Wayalife, is the front skid/air dam on your Rubicon steel? I was looking at a Rubi at the dealer yesterday (this one had plastic bumpers) and noticed that the front skid under the bumper was also plastic. In your video it appeaded to have a little weight to it when you removed it. I was just curious if the metal bumper package also added the metal skid. I haven’t seen one with the steel bumpers in person yet.