Help with my Order

Four Flusher

I'll be ordering a JLUR real soon. I'm waiting to get a better idea about Sting Gray. If it can't be ordered by April 1 or if i don't like SG, then it's granite for me.

You have two options on your JL that I'd like your opinion.

First, body colored fenders. They look great on Jet Li. I'm wondering how they'll look after a couple of years. Do you think the std black will be easier to keep looking good after running through brush, etc? I'm not super picky about scratches, just thinking apples and apple, what's the best option for the long haul.

Second, steel bumpers? Do you think you'll go aftermarket? I like the look for the OEM steel bummers, but I think I'd probably replace them because of all the different looking aftermarket bumpers. I'll be added a winch immediately, does that change your thought on the OEMs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First, body colored fenders. They look great on Jet Li. I'm wondering how they'll look after a couple of years. Do you think the std black will be easier to keep looking good after running through brush, etc? I'm not super picky about scratches, just thinking apples and apple, what's the best option for the long haul.

I think color will make a big difference on how well they'll hold up or at least, how well they'll still look over time. White, silver and maybe yellow are pretty forgiving when it comes to scratches but I don't think too many other colors would hold up or as well. The standard black fenders can just be hit up with some armorall or the like and will still look good.

Second, steel bumpers? Do you think you'll go aftermarket? I like the look for the OEM steel bummers, but I think I'd probably replace them because of all the different looking aftermarket bumpers. I'll be added a winch immediately, does that change your thought on the OEMs?

We went with the steel bumpers if only because we love how they look. That being said, we'll definitely be testing out other bumpers so it might have been a waste for us to get. If you know for sure you're going to upgrade in the future, the plastic bumper is the way to start off.

Rubiman_JL

Sting Gray was my first choice as my last JK was Anvil. I went with granite, I feel the darker color really looks beefy. Also, went with the color matching fenders. I agree they may get scratched up but I am looking for a 3rd party clear wrap to put on them. I went with the stock bumper this round, had steel on my hard rock. For the price, there are way more 3rd party options that will be coming out for less $.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app