Hold Off on the Infotainment System Update!

wanderer

update

I may have messed mine up got the notice scheuled a time. Jeep was parked and off. I go in it and thought I had another hour before it updated so I started it up and the update showed it to be 70% done So :D that I am I ignore the earlier warning and headed home I did not want to get stuck in I-5 Orange county traffic. The update continued just fine while I was driving and said it was done and successful. Got home shut it off and then turned it back on so see if I had the mysterious off road pages ..... Nope so far as I can tell nothing is different. Have I messed it up? is there a re-boot or something where I can redo the update? do I have to go to the dealer to have it done ? Any ideas?

I did see where some lese did the same thing but stopped riving before it was complete and got the Off road pages no problem. but alas Not me!

I tried looking under the apps and all but nope nada nothing zero zilch blank etc.

Tellico

Dacula, GA

Got it last night. When I first used the app it did say that my lockers were engaged but in reality they were not. It also did not display the current engagement of the T-case at all. When I restarted the Jeep the diffs properly showed as open/open, but the T-case still had no designation.
The steering angle is cool, I’ll have to see if I actually utilize it off road.
The most useful page to me is having all the gauges on one screen. Long mountain climbs or hot days crawling on the trail; I see myself using this page a lot.
Very grateful that Jeep listened to their customers and are working to provide this to those who expected it when they purchased their vehicles. It was never going to be a deal breaker for me, but I remember thinking “that’s pretty cool” when shopping for my Wrangler, and to find out that the off road pages were pulled and that we might never see them again left a sour taste.
Hopefully they can work all the bugs out but I was very happy to see the update last night.

Attachments

• DBB220E3-06A6-48DE-8041-E0B14C57E8D2.jpg
    DBB220E3-06A6-48DE-8041-E0B14C57E8D2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 377E4B5D-7CC4-4D68-A1E6-448414C2CDA8.jpg
    377E4B5D-7CC4-4D68-A1E6-448414C2CDA8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 01065E00-9AEB-4835-B03E-74888EDE7E76.jpg
    01065E00-9AEB-4835-B03E-74888EDE7E76.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 134
  • FD020720-18A9-4467-9F5F-A32087F6C77D.jpg
    FD020720-18A9-4467-9F5F-A32087F6C77D.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 135
  • CDFBD103-B3A0-45FA-9889-34C08020C844.jpg
    CDFBD103-B3A0-45FA-9889-34C08020C844.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 137

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sure is nice to finally have the Off Road pages that's for sure! Mine is still hit or miss though - some times it's there and sometimes it's not :crazyeyes:

RMC2

I finally got mine on Monday. Kinda neat, and I have no idea what the big issue was with how it was programmed in the first place. It just displays info, no hocus pocus.

BillArnett

I finally got mine on Monday. Kinda neat, and I have no idea what the big issue was with how it was programmed in the first place. It just displays info, no hocus pocus.

Poorly written software can be very fragile. One little mistake can have vast, horrible consequences. This sort of thing is very common. That it doesn’t often happen more often on your iPhone is due to an ENORMOUS amount of effort.

OconRecon

I have the 8.4" screen. Accepted the Jeep-pushed update, and now I have no back-up assist lines on my screen when backing in to, say, a parking place.

Anyone else have these disappear? Anyone know of a solution? Not a huge deal of course, but nobody likes disappearing features after an update.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have the 8.4" screen. Accepted the Jeep-pushed update, and now I have no back-up assist lines on my screen when backing in to, say, a parking place.

Anyone else have these disappear? Anyone know of a solution? Not a huge deal of course, but nobody likes disappearing features after an update.

Have you checked to ensure that those features are still enabled? IIRC there are a few different settings for the back-up camera that include the guidance lines. Hopefully it's as simple as just having to turn them back on.

OconRecon

Have you checked to ensure that those features are still enabled? IIRC there are a few different settings for the back-up camera that include the guidance lines. Hopefully it's as simple as just having to turn them back on.

Thanks man. A quick trip through the menus and they're back. Not sure why the update turned them off, but they're back. Thanks again.

shotcoach

My pages came back today but I lost my camera backup lines. Check settings and everything is the same.

Since I updated my backup camera has been glitchy as heck. The lines will be gone one start up the next start up the display will be black the next start up I’ll have the camera working just fine. We’re starting to bet on what state of dysfunction the camera will be in when we start it up! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

1UP

My off-road pages have been there since I drove it off the lot a week ago, Arizona. I did notice a glitch yesterday when I was out doing some light wheeling out at saguaro lake rolls, where I was using the off-road pages. The wife switched away from them and then they disappeared. A couple minutes later it was back on the list. Weird.

LauraRose

Since I updated my backup camera has been glitchy as heck. The lines will be gone one start up the next start up the display will be black the next start up I’ll have the camera working just fine. We’re starting to bet on what state of dysfunction the camera will be in when we start it up! [emoji23]

I've been having similar issues...

Laura Rose from PA