2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 turbo Diesel

13_gecko_rubi

Yes and no, I do a lot of local running with my 3ED Ram and can add some insight. The only time a message comes up that a regen is in progress is if the DPF his 80 percent full, normally the truck has already tried to regen around 69-70 percent from what I remember. The short trips can disrupt that and thats when people get the message to continue to drive. A lot of people run a scan gauge, I run the edge CTS2. With this running I can monitor what percentage my DPF is at and see whether the truck has started a regen while I'm driving. The other nice thing is when I'm doing a lot of short trips and notice that soot level getting high I can force a regen to start with the CTS2. I may not be able to get down to the 9% during travel time but when I start the truck next time it is has lowered and gives me time until I can do a highway run. I to am waiting on the eco to show up in the JL, specifically the pick up. I may sell the Ram and the JK to downsize the fleet, this however depends on the the tow ratings. I run the GDE tune with my truck now and will set the JL up with it in the first week of ownership, its that much of an improvement over stock!!
I bet GDE has some very aggressive tunes also for off road use. They tuned my friends 2.8 CRD in his "JK" and it makes over double the HP and Tq as stock. I've driven their ECODiesel tune for the Ram and WK2 and it is impressive.

Sent via....

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I bet GDE has some very aggressive tunes also for off road use. They tuned my friends 2.8 CRD in his "JK" and it makes over double the HP and Tq as stock. I've driven their ECODiesel tune for the Ram and WK2 and it is impressive.

Sent via....

I’m intrigued by this engine. I hope it’s coming back. I hope it isn’t noisy, like some of the old Fords.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Speshll K

It still has some light diesel clatter obviously but nothing like an HD truck. You cannot hear it barely at all except at say an ATM or drive thru where u get reflection off walls.

Sent via....

Right on!! It is just enough clatter though that I do get a smile when I walk up to it after remote starting it from the house. I can't speak to the full delete tune that GDE does, I will do a full delete next year when my warranty expires if I still have the truck.

NFRs2000NYC

I heard today from the local dealer the new diesel is 5k to 7k option? Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That seems pretty accurate, but remember, it includes the mandatory automatic transmission. They are probably basing it off the GC price, so between 5-7k MSRP seems like a ballpark...but as gecko said, as far as the dealer goes, they don't have solid numbers, so it's as "made up" (based on the same assumptions I used) as any other rumors.