Resetting JL's computer control

Sierra Nevada

Couple of newbie questions:

1. I've heard there are 2 batteries on the JL. Sound right? Location?

2. Any idea how to reset the electronics in case the JL computer refuses to start the engine (and I'm in a remote location)? I've heard of 3 instances of this. Would one disconnect the battery and reconnect again ... but there are 2 batteries? I've heard to use an app called Torque which can reset the electronics.

Thx.

JTCO

Meme King
As far as dual batteries, I'm pretty sure that is only on the 2.0l turbo engine. The 2nd battery is under the Jeep in front of the rear axle.

20171213115801-395a7e20.jpg

And the main battery is under the hood here:

IMG_20180213_163952_139.jpg

As far as the 3.6l , the battery is right here under the hood.

IMG_20180213_162846_100.jpg

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Is this battery used for the aux switches? I'd guess yes but it could also have additional purpose.
No. It's due to start stop system. All 3.6s have it. Vehicles with aux switches get a bigger primary battery and bigger alt.

Sent via....

DavidDJL69

It appears that an act of God would be needed to replace the impish battery on the 3.6 behind the fender liner. Or does one need to remove the main battery first to remove the impish battery? I hope I never have to approach this task!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
How easy is it to access the starter positive? Seems like a jumper cable there would work. Hope the Gladiator doesn't have this shit. I may have to plumb my own jumper terminals.

How easy is it to access the starter positive? Seems like a jumper cable there would work. Hope the Gladiator doesn't have this shit. I may have to plumb my own jumper terminals.

Agreed , seems like only an electrical engineer could answer this question.