Resetting JL's computer control

dajuicejml

Anyone have experience with the battery not charging properly? I’ve recently started getting an alert upon start up saying “Aux switches temp unavailable-battery charging”. I never really thought much about it until a day ago I realized my start stop was not working either. On the start stop menu on the instrument cluster, it also says “start/stop not ready-battery charging” I’ve driven for over 100 miles today and still have the same message.

2018 JLRU, EVO 2.5” Boost, 37x13.50x18 Toyo Open Country M/T, 18x9 Method Grid Wheels, AFE Hi Tuck Cat Back Exhaust, Warn Zeon 10s w/ JCR Winch Plate

ncb

Anyone have experience with the battery not charging properly? I’ve recently started getting an alert upon start up saying “Aux switches temp unavailable-battery charging”. I never really thought much about it until a day ago I realized my start stop was not working either. On the start stop menu on the instrument cluster, it also says “start/stop not ready-battery charging” I’ve driven for over 100 miles today and still have the same message.

2018 JLRU, EVO 2.5” Boost, 37x13.50x18 Toyo Open Country M/T, 18x9 Method Grid Wheels, AFE Hi Tuck Cat Back Exhaust, Warn Zeon 10s w/ JCR Winch Plate

I had the same message with the ESS after my Jeep sat for a week. Driving it for an hour didn’t charge it back up. I charged the battery with my Battery Tender charger and it’s been good since then.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WWRuby_Svi

Once the weather drops below 30F my daily driving of 25 miles round trip to and from work doesnt keep mine charged enough. Ess doesn’t work and display says charging. I took a 5 hour trip over New Years and it probably took about 3 hours to get the display to say it was working and when I arrived my ESS was working. After a couple of days of town driving it stopped again. All winter long my voltage almost never drops below 14.3 or 14.4. During summer when the battery is charged it’ll get down to 13.0 on a road trip.

Been searching online for the battery size so I could try replacing with a good AGM battery but no luck other than a part number.

ncb

Once the weather drops below 30F my daily driving of 25 miles round trip to and from work doesnt keep mine charged enough. Ess doesn’t work and display says charging. I took a 5 hour trip over New Years and it probably took about 3 hours to get the display to say it was working and when I arrived my ESS was working. After a couple of days of town driving it stopped again. All winter long my voltage almost never drops below 14.3 or 14.4. During summer when the battery is charged it’ll get down to 13.0 on a road trip.

Been searching online for the battery size so I could try replacing with a good AGM battery but no luck other than a part number.

The main battery size is H-6. The aux battery is 200 CCA and the size is AUX14. I believe both are AGM from the factory.

13_gecko_rubi

All aux batteries are AGM and the same size.

There are three different size main batteries. Size in both CCA and shape.

Sent via....