Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@¢K NO to FACE LIFTS!

BillArnett

Better to try to reclaim one’s youth than “to go softly into that good night”.

I’ll see if I can get up Hell’s Gate with a stock grille...

M.a.d.

I kinda like the angry look which I had planned to do on the jk i wanted to buy. Problem was I fell in love with the jl next to it , and since there’s not a ton of them on the road I’ll rock the stock jl grill for the time being .
To each his own I guess, I can’t wait for more aftermarket support on the jl’s. Jk’s Are virtually LEGO blocks , you can buy and stick on 100’s of styles and look different . I’m a choices guy, give me more choices lol

Last edited:

klhjeep2018

I couldn’t agree with Eddie more ! The first vehicle I ever drove when I was eight years old was an actual world war II Willys my grandfather had.To each his own but to change out the front grill, to me is almost un American.

Pipebndr

Original Grill

When 21 year olds kids didn’t need a safe space or need to prove there manhood5EC82BE4-93F1-42ED-A20A-B5EC54624E3A.jpeg. My dad driving a slat grill. Don’t mess with the grill, there is more to it than covering the radiator, it’s respect.

Last edited:

M.a.d.

I take back my previous statement lol. Upon further review they seem to be just plain ugly . I only seen the visor look above the headlights before , but after looking them up .... fugly. I still don’t hate on whoever likes them but my opinion has changed .

Eazy

I totally agree ive always loves the grill.
Love mine the way it is no plans on changing any of the looks just some suspension and wheels and tires

Richtor

And those that have blackout or contrast color grill?

Attachments

• 5B103287-1998-4767-8212-6084E61BC5D0.jpg
    5B103287-1998-4767-8212-6084E61BC5D0.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 172

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And those that have blackout or contrast color grill?

LOL!! Can't speak for anyone else but I don't discriminate against colored grills or even chrome grills for that matter. Jeep has been doing this from the factory for decades.

Richtor

LOL!! Can't speak for anyone else but I don't discriminate against colored grills or even chrome grills for that matter. Jeep has been doing this from the factory for decades.

I put it out there, because that’s the way I’d like to build my 2 door JLR if I ever get one. Well minus the contrast grill. Just waiting on F8 green as I save:))

Back In Black

Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler! :usa-flag:

20180205183640-23650400.jpg

Thank you for bringing this up!!!
I can’t tell you how much I agree. So years ago when I first saw one of those hideous grill changes I did a double take and I thought to myself what the F__K is that crazy shit:cheesy:.
I told myself that will never take off, for heavens sake who would destroy, argualbly, the most iconic automotive grilles? Well, I was unfortunately wrong.

You will never see this fellow F__KING up a Wrangler with that!!!!

Landshark

Fully Agreed

I fully agree with you on this Eddie! Can't stand the ANGRY look but most importantly as I have sated before. I love my Jeep just the way it is and wouldn't change a thing! Well except for a power top!!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

MrGiant

When 21 year olds kids didn’t need a safe space or need to prove there manhoodView attachment 1625. My dad driving a slat grill. Don’t mess with the grill, there is more to it than covering the radiator, it’s respect.
I just saw this, very cool to have such a picture!
Angry look grills and replacements without the obligatory 7 slots.....IT SUCKS! A jeep is a jeep and no ricer and that means it has to keep a jeep like grille. Even those 4 slot grilles are a shame for any wrangler, IMO

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when someone changes the engine to a LS and aftermarket axles is it still a Jeep?

LOL - Right, because Jeeps never put Buick engines under the hood or used axles made by a company other than Dana. Hell, a vast majority of the Jeeps that were used in WWII were made by Ford. Again, there's a reason why the Jeep grill is copyrighted. All I'm saying is that you really are passionate about Jeeps, love the iconic face that it comes with. But hey, that's just me.

VitaMeVas

Agree......BUT

LOL - Right, because Jeeps never put Buick engines under the hood or used axles made by a company other than Dana. Hell, a vast majority of the Jeeps that were used in WWII were made by Ford. Again, there's a reason why the Jeep grill is copyrighted. All I'm saying is that you really are passionate about Jeeps, love the iconic face that it comes with. But hey, that's just me.

I totally agree. But I will say the grill on the M715 conversion looks awesome to me.

Attachments

• 7FB171B8-1BCF-4AA6-B22D-8DC0E204C403.jpeg
    7FB171B8-1BCF-4AA6-B22D-8DC0E204C403.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: