Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@¢K NO to FACE LIFTS!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler! :usa-flag:

20180205183640-23650400.jpg

hins2jw0

I completely agree! I will be doing the same... When I can definitely order mine [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

JAGS

I still don't understand why people swap the grill. It defines the Jeep. As sweet as the JL grill looks, I'd replace my JK one to one like the JL.

13_gecko_rubi

I'm actually looking forward to folks swapping grilles on the JLs. I like picking up take offs cheap on Craigslist to decorate my kids rooms lol

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I still don't understand why people swap the grill. It defines the Jeep. As sweet as the JL grill looks, I'd replace my JK one to one like the JL.

Over the years, what I have found is that a lot of guys buy Jeeps to help them find something missing in their life... maybe try to reclaim their youth. This has been especially true with the 4-door JK as more and more financially well to do guys - married guys with kids are finding that a Wrangler is finally something they can buy. For them, making their Jeep into something "badass" helps them to feel more important or special and what can make a Jeep look more badass than a nasty ass grill that looks angry. Needless to say, for these guys, there is no real love for Jeeps - they're just a means to help them find themselves. Of course, that's just my opinion. :crazyeyes:

I'm actually looking forward to folks swapping grilles on the JLs. I like picking up take offs cheap on Craigslist to decorate my kids rooms lol

Sent via....

LOL!! Now, why didn't I think of that? :crazyeyes:

RMC2

Think of them as midlife crisis grills. :icon_crazy:

Fully support the leave Jeep grills stock movement!

Tunesoul

Thank you!

Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler! :usa-flag:

20180205183640-23650400.jpg

Truer words have never been spoken! Thank you!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Think of them as midlife crisis grills. :icon_crazy:

Fully support the leave Jeep grills stock movement!

It's what I've seen. Most of the guys who buy them tend to be older and getting into the Jeep fad to help find themselves or are using it to help recapture their youth.

If by midlife crisis you mean realizing you are gay after all these years then yes I could see it being a midlife crisis.

:cheesy: Maybe that too

Truer words have never been spoken! Thank you!

Glad to hear you're a true Jeeper :thumb:

Tunesoul

It's what I've seen. Most of the guys who buy them tend to be older and getting into the Jeep fad to help find themselves or are using it to help recapture their youth.

:cheesy: Maybe that too

Glad to hear you're a true Jeeper :thumb:

You better believe it! BTW, I'm new to this forum, but I've checked out a ton of your Wayalife youtube videos. I have to say they are awesome, they are so well put together and fun to watch! Thank you and please keep them coming my friends!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You better believe it! BTW, I'm new to this forum, but I've checked out a ton of your Wayalife youtube videos. I have to say they are awesome, they are so well put together and fun to watch! Thank you and please keep them coming my friends!

We're so glad to hear you enjoy our videos. Hopefully you'll get to join us out on the trail sometime. :)

RMC2

If by midlife crisis you mean realizing I am gay after all these years then yes I could see it being a midlife crisis.

You had a typo. :cheesy:

I am not sure if that is a midlife crisis or a midsex crisis. Either way would be deeply disturbing. :(

Tank_Chris

I don't get why so many non Jeep enthusiasts love the "angry birds" grille. I always bed lined mine black for a little contrast, but those "angry" style grills are a bastardization of the Wrangler.
Hope you don't mind I used your photo to show what we all know to be coming in the near future. :doh:

Attachments

• Angry bastard.jpg
    Angry bastard.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 194

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get why so many non Jeep enthusiasts love the "angry birds" grille. I always bed lined mine black for a little contrast, but those "angry" style grills are a bastardization of the Wrangler.
Hope you don't mind I used your photo to show what we all know to be coming in the near future. :doh:

Holy hell, that just horrible!!! :icon_crazy:

mac214

Agreed - have hated that look ever since it started to infest the wrangler. I hope this look dies a quick and quiet death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank_Chris

Agreed - have hated that look ever since it started to infest the wrangler. I hope this look dies a quick and quiet death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it... My wife happens to like them, lucky she's in a country where beating your wife is illegal :crazyeyes: J/K I love my wife way to much to ever lay a hand on her.

Speshll K

My buddy brought up the idea of doing the angry eye grill, I told him no way in hell to do it. I absolutely hate them and completely despise the angry eye grill that does away with the slotted grill all together. To each is own I guess but friends don't let friends do angry eye grills!!! I may feel a little strongly about this topic lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy brought up the idea of doing the angry eye grill, I told him no way in hell to do it. I absolutely hate them and completely despise the angry eye grill that does away with the slotted grill all together. To each is own I guess but friends don't let friends do angry eye grills!!! I may feel a little strongly about this topic lol

Awesome and good for you. As you said, friends don't let friends jack up their Jeep :thumb: