Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@K NO to FACE LIFTS!

Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@K NO to FACE LIFTS!

Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I completely agree! I will be doing the same... When I can definitely order mine

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Well said, thank you

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

I still don't understand why people swap the grill. It defines the Jeep. As sweet as the JL grill looks, I'd replace my JK one to one like the JL.

Nothing but a Thing
    I'm actually looking forward to folks swapping grilles on the JLs. I like picking up take offs cheap on Craigslist to decorate my kids rooms lol

Sent via....

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I still don't understand why people swap the grill. It defines the Jeep. As sweet as the JL grill looks, I'd replace my JK one to one like the JL.
    Over the years, what I have found is that a lot of guys buy Jeeps to help them find something missing in their life... maybe try to reclaim their youth. This has been especially true with the 4-door JK as more and more financially well to do guys - married guys with kids are finding that a Wrangler is finally something they can buy. For them, making their Jeep into something "badass" helps them to feel more important or special and what can make a Jeep look more badass than a nasty ass grill that looks angry. Needless to say, for these guys, there is no real love for Jeeps - they're just a means to help them find themselves. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to folks swapping grilles on the JLs. I like picking up take offs cheap on Craigslist to decorate my kids rooms lol

Sent via....
    LOL!! Now, why didn't I think of that?

Think of them as midlife crisis grills.

Fully support the leave Jeep grills stock movement!
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Think of them as midlife crisis grills.

Fully support the leave Jeep grills stock movement!
    If by midlife crisis you mean realizing you are gay after all these years then yes I could see it being a midlife crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Fresh Catch

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Because I know it's coming, I'd like to make an impassioned plea to all of you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep JL Wrangler and more importantly, in its grill. The grill your JL was born with is an AMERICAN ICON with a rich, battle born history dating all the way back to WWII. It is a symbol of all that your JL is and one that Jeep specifically uses a trademarked logo. Every model that came before it had its OWN unique styling and look and that's what make each and everyone of them special. To give your JL a face lift and replace it with angry eyes, a unibrow, a Darth Vader mask or even a grill delete is a lot like replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with faces from the boy band, New Kids on the Block. In so many ways, your Jeep JL Wrangler is a blank canvas and one designed to be lifted, to run bigger tires, to have different bumpers, rocker guards, fenders and have just about any modification you can think of made to it and to the point where you can barely recognize what it looked like from the factory BUT... so long as you keep it's face intact, it'll always be a Jeep.

My name is Eddie and I am proud to own a JL Wrangler!

Truer words have never been spoken! Thank you!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast