Dual top group and getting the family home

Bsimon187

Hey everyone- in am picking my JL rubi up tomorrow and bringing the family with me. The dealer said that the soft top is taking up the entire back area and rear seat in its box and that only 2 people could drive in the jeep. Pretty sure I could fit people in the back seat with the dual tops when I picked up my jku years ago. Can I do some Jerry rigging when I get there to make this work?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Open the rear glass and let the box hang out the back? When we picked ours up for our JK, that's what we did and we had 3 kids with us.

Bsimon187

Open the rear glass and let the box hang out the back? When we picked ours up for our JK, that's what we did and we had 3 kids with us.
Thanks that was my thought. This guy made it sound like that wasn't possible on the JL. Which made me question my thought process. In the jk mine wasn't even in a box. It was set up in the back completely out of the way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike the JKU, the soft top on the JLU is NOT partially installed. The box in the back is ENORMOUS and there's no way you could drive home with passengers in the rear seat. What you might be able to do is unpack the box and load it up in pieces but that would be your best bet.

Bsimon187

Unlike the JKU, the soft top on the JLU is NOT partially installed. The box in the back is ENORMOUS and there's no way you could drive home with passengers in the rear seat. What you might be able to do is unpack the box and load it up in pieces but that would be your best bet.
Thanks Eddie. May have to rethink my plan then. It would be 2 car seats in the back seat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So if anyone else needs this info. Getting everything into the trunk area if you get a dual top is going to be extremely difficult. Here is a pic of how big the box is in the rear.

Thanks for posting this up. I wish I had taken a shot of this just for future reference just like this.

NFRs2000NYC

Off topic, but I love the fact that they kept the subwoofer, but dont have that stupid bump out anymore, allowing boxes like this to load in straight. Excellent choice of design.