AUTO STOP- Possible Permanent Delay Function Setting

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It would be ok if it actually worked every time. Not sure about you, but mine only functions about 60% of the time.

Sometimes I’ll come to complete stop. Be at a signal for a while and the engine is still going. Other times it “works”

The most annoying thing is when I go to park. It will turn off. Then when I go to put the engine from drive to park, it will start back up. That’s just stupid.

Yup - it drives me nuts whenever I pull up to my garage and the engine cuts while I wait for the door to go up. It really is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Moochie

It would be ok if it actually worked every time. Not sure about you, but mine only functions about 60% of the time.

Sometimes I’ll come to complete stop. Be at a signal for a while and the engine is still going. Other times it “works”

The most annoying thing is when I go to park. It will turn off. Then when I go to put the engine from drive to park, it will start back up. That’s just stupid.

If your AC compressor is on or heater/defroster is being used, depending on the temperature settings, the engine will stay running. If the battery voltage is low and/or charging, it will not shut off.

JAGS

If your AC compressor is on or heater/defroster is being used, depending on the temperature settings, the engine will stay running. If the battery voltage is low and/or charging, it will not shut off.

Hey Moochie!!!!!

I have no idea...I’m just driving. Lol. But I may need to take a closer look if any of those variables are in play for me.

BillArnett

My understanding is that the engine will not shut off if you're in 4wd mode.

I don't have my JL yet but when I test drove one at the dealership the engine cutoff didn't bother me at all (and I was specifically aware of it). It seemed to me that it works perfectly: as soon as my foot came off the brake the engine started faster than I could get my foot back over to the gas. What's not to like?

Moochie

Hey Moochie!!!!!

I have no idea...I’m just driving. Lol. But I may need to take a closer look if any of those variables are in play for me.

Congrats on your new ride!! I’ve had this on my Cherokee for 2 years and don’t mind it at all. It’s a smart system and I usually control it with the brake pedal. You will learn this too grasshopper. [emoji851]

JAGS

Congrats on your new ride!! I’ve had this on my Cherokee for 2 years and don’t mind it at all. It’s a smart system and I usually control it with the brake pedal. You will learn this too grasshopper. [emoji851]

Thanks Moochie. I think I could get used to it if it was truly more consistent. I haven’t been driving it that much so might just needmore time to understand the system.

BillArnett

I'm curious to know why this is such a big deal. What is it that makes some of you so unhappy with this? (I've had a Prius for years and this seems perfectly normal to me now. Better yet, my Tesla makes the whole issue moot :)

13_gecko_rubi

If u want a really easy way to disable it permanently that is totally reversible do this. Under the hood at driver front you will see a switch sticking up, two if u have remote start. Unhook the switch, or the inside switch if you have two. It will pop up a message every time u start vehicle saying auto stop is not available. Just hit the arrow on steering wheel and it will be gone and you'll see autostop off telltale on cluster.

That's easiest way too someone comes out with a programming option to disable it.

Sent via....

Kole miller

Auto start/stop

Just disconnect the second hood closed sensor. There are two sensors. The primary sensor and the secondary sensor. Its the one to the right when facing the engine