Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transmission DOA

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Seansun01 View Post
    Transmission pan gasket failed. They're fixing it, but I'm never going to trust that there wasn't damage to the transmission. When the tow truck driver fought to get it into reverse, it made one of those god awful sounds that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Service department tells me there's a "safety mode" that keeps the vehicle from going into gear if the fluid get too low. Do any of you know anything about this?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by TuTo View Post
    The sad part is No dipstick to check the transmission fluid level !!
    The transmission is sealed, supposedly lasts the life of the vehicle... whatever that means.

However, that's only under normal operating conditions and does not apply to modified, trail running, lots of towing.

Just to check it, according to the manual, requires special service tools from the dealer.

let's see...eliminating maintenance competition in the self-maintenance, 3rd party maintenance markets?

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Seansun01 View Post
    Transmission pan gasket failed. They're fixing it, but I'm never going to trust that there wasn't damage to the transmission. When the tow truck driver fought to get it into reverse, it made one of those god awful sounds that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Service department tells me there's a "safety mode" that keeps the vehicle from going into gear if the fluid get too low. Do any of you know anything about this?
    Why didn't you just put the transfer case in neutral?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123