JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

JAGS

Glad things all worked out as they they should.

Like the custom side decal, too. [emoji106] to think I just ordered the windshield version too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad things all worked out as they they should.

Like the custom side decal, too. [emoji106] to think I just ordered the windshield version too.

LOL!! I was wondering if anyone would notice :crazyeyes: :D

That's great. I bet you give them all 10s on the customer satisfaction survey! [emoji106]

As a matter of fact, I just got done filling out my survey and I did give them 10's all the way across. :yup:

Ya if u didn’t bitch I’d call you and bitch at you LOL. Glad they are taking care of it.

:cheesy: I just hate being a bother especially regarding things like this. Fortunately, my dealership was apologetic and very accommodating. If anything, they were looking at me like I was crazy to have even considered not bringing it in. :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC

There are no VINs on the top. They should have swapped out your top with another one on the lot, and then dealt with FCA on their own to get the top replaced for themselves. No reason you should have to deal with this BS. Not sure how that even made it past QC, but then again, I saw shots of a new JL that had black fender flares on the passenger side, and body colored ones on the driver's side. On my JK, my driver's side door hinge bolts are black, my passenger side they are painted. Go figure.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
There are no VINs on the top. They should have swapped out your top with another one on the lot, and then dealt with FCA on their own to get the top replaced for themselves. No reason you should have to deal with this BS. Not sure how that even made it past QC, but then again, I saw shots of a new JL that had black fender flares on the passenger side, and body colored ones on the driver's side. On my JK, my driver's side door hinge bolts are black, my passenger side they are painted. Go figure.

I don’t think the dealership has another JL, and it looks like they are taking care of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

frenchjk

wasn't that there the day you took delivery.....looks like a solvent was rubbed on the HT finish. Good to hear they are acting on it. Its a warranty thing anyway; no you are not bitchin', just saying :D

When I took delivery of my JK there were plenty of gremlins... they fixed them all, even a new engine block!!!:(:doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! eh, it's not like our JL was undriveable with a blemished hard top. Being that we got a dual top group, I would have been just as happy to leave my hard top with them until it could be replaced. I am surprised that it got through QC though.

I don’t think the dealership has another JL, and it looks like they are taking care of the issue.

This^^^. They got 4 JL's on Friday and only 1 wasn't sold. The service manager bought that one on that day. :yup:

wasn't that there the day you took delivery.....looks like a solvent was rubbed on the HT finish. Good to hear they are acting on it. Its a warranty thing anyway; no you are not bitchin', just saying :D

When I took delivery of my JK there were plenty of gremlins... they fixed them all, even a new engine block!!!:(:doh:

Definitely looks like someone wiped the hard top with something and that the black paint there was lighter than the rest. Most likely a solvent or something but, we're being taken care of so it's all good. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Having a good dealership makes life much better. I agree with everyone else, you weren’t bitchin’, used is as is,new means new and flawless to me.

I hate assuming that a dealership will take care of me but I'm pleasantly surprised that Carson City Jeep is :yup: