Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

Well, it only took 5 months but I just got a call from my dealership to let me know that our replacement hard top is finally in! The weird thing is, it's just the top - NO GLASS. Needless to say, we'll be dropping off our JL tomorrow to have the glass in our existing hard top swapped into the new top. Not too worried about the rear hatch glass but I am a bit concerned about the side windows. Oh well, hope all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Well, it only took 5 months but I just got a call from my dealership to let me know that our replacement hard top is finally in! The weird thing is, it's just the top - NO GLASS. Needless to say, we'll be dropping off our JL tomorrow to have the glass in our existing hard top swapped into the new top. Not too worried about the rear hatch glass but I am a bit concerned about the side windows. Oh well, hope all goes well.
    That’s really weird. Shouldn’t be to hard for them to do tho, it will be just like putting in a new windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    That’s really weird. Shouldn’t be to hard for them to do tho, it will be just like putting in a new windshield
    I think you're right. You just never know for sure. Hopefully all will go well.

Glad to hear it finally came in. Weird that top is separate. But then again, I assume they built them in a way that if any of the rear glass were to ever break, it could be replaced separately rather than having to get a whole top.

Knows a Thing or Two
    That's quicker than I'd have thought honestly :-)

Sent via....

Good to hear it's in!

Glad your dealership took care of you...but 5 months?! I'm curious how long a customer would have to wait if they ordered a new hardtop (not a replacement). Oh well, like I said, at least they took care of it.

Laura Rose from PA

Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    We were at Denver Jeep dealership about a month ago just driving around and looking at JLs. When we drove around the back of the building to see if any we're waiting for prep, we saw three or four JLU hardtops sans glass that appeared to have been discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    That's quicker than I'd have thought honestly :-)

Sent via....
    In all honesty, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ EXPLORER View Post
    Good to hear it's in!
    Yeah, it's in but the glass guy couldn't come in yesterday so I'll be heading in to the dealership this morning. Hope all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    Glad your dealership took care of you...but 5 months?! I'm curious how long a customer would have to wait if they ordered a new hardtop (not a replacement). Oh well, like I said, at least they took care of it.

Laura Rose from PA
    Right now, I think you'd have to wait at least as long.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    We were at Denver Jeep dealership about a month ago just driving around and looking at JLs. When we drove around the back of the building to see if any we're waiting for prep, we saw three or four JLU hardtops sans glass that appeared to have been discarded.
    Interesting. I have a feeling there was a lot of rushing around on those early days of the JL.

Fresh Catch
    I wish I can get a replacement too...Image1531504005.408097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast