Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

Glad they took care of it.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I had wiped out the corner that the arrows refer to. With the kit above I was able to fill and mold the corner back into shape. After lots of sanding, I used textured faux stone spray paint to reapply the texture, followed by Mopar Factory Wrangler top paint. Honestly cannot tell it ever happened. Don't ask why I didn't take before pictures.

Attachment 3376

Wow dude thatís cool! Yea I will need to purchase some patience also.

I went to a body shop and they said it canít be fixed ugh... I might try this 3M stuff.

The worst part is there is no soft top out yet and I cannot order a hard top either since they are all back ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awe man, what the hell happened there?

I backed up in my garage to pull in my Jeep the day I purchased it and I ran into the storage racks and did not notice they were that low.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex4LO View Post
    Wow dude thatís cool! Yea I will need to purchase some patience also.

I went to a body shop and they said it canít be fixed ugh... I might try this 3M stuff.

The worst part is there is no soft top out yet and I cannot order a hard top either since they are all back ordered.
    No doubt it's more complicated damage than mine was. You've got more curves due to the JL spoiler / lip. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to try filling it, smoothing it and painting it. At least it wouldn't be as obvious as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Well, at least you didn't have to reapply your decals. Also, no more excuses... let's get that soft top going and see JET Li rock that Safari Top!
    LOL!! To true, didn't have to reapply the decals and yes, no more excuses. In fact, I've been dying for this day just so that I could remove the hard top

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Wasn't your top body color? Did u decide you wanted black or am I imagining things?

Sent via....
    What? You wheeled with us in Moab. We've always had a black top

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Glad they took care of it.
    Me too. As I had stated in the beginning of this thread, I didn't even really want to be "that guy" but I'm glad I said something and glad that my dealership stepped up to the plate for me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567