JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

Alex4LO

I had wiped out the corner that the arrows refer to. With the kit above I was able to fill and mold the corner back into shape. After lots of sanding, I used textured faux stone spray paint to reapply the texture, followed by Mopar Factory Wrangler top paint. Honestly cannot tell it ever happened. Don't ask why I didn't take before pictures.:doh:

View attachment 3376

Wow dude that’s cool! Yea I will need to purchase some patience also.

I went to a body shop and they said it can’t be fixed ugh... I might try this 3M stuff.

The worst part is there is no soft top out yet and I cannot order a hard top either since they are all back ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Wow dude that’s cool! Yea I will need to purchase some patience also.

I went to a body shop and they said it can’t be fixed ugh... I might try this 3M stuff.

The worst part is there is no soft top out yet and I cannot order a hard top either since they are all back ordered.

No doubt it's more complicated damage than mine was. You've got more curves due to the JL spoiler / lip. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to try filling it, smoothing it and painting it. At least it wouldn't be as obvious as it is now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, at least you didn't have to reapply your decals. Also, no more excuses... let's get that soft top going and see JET Li rock that Safari Top! :thumb:

LOL!! To true, didn't have to reapply the decals and yes, no more excuses. In fact, I've been dying for this day just so that I could remove the hard top :crazyeyes:

Wasn't your top body color? Did u decide you wanted black or am I imagining things?

Sent via....

:cheesy: What? You wheeled with us in Moab. We've always had a black top :D

Glad they took care of it.

Me too. As I had stated in the beginning of this thread, I didn't even really want to be "that guy" but I'm glad I said something and glad that my dealership stepped up to the plate for me. :yup:

YOUJLUS

Yeah, might have to talk to my dealership about this. Sucks because I hate having to do this kind of thing but it's pretty frustrating to look at especially after paying so much money.

I would agree that I would be frustrated with them. It’s just like the dents in all the doors. One of the speakers pops up on the dash and it’s been bother me. Been needing to go back to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app