JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm probably being a whiny ass bitch but after spending just over $50k on our JL Wrangler, I'm kinda pissed to find my hard top has a significant blemish on it. At first, I just thought it was just dust or some kind of greasy smudge but after trying to clean it with water and even a mild detergent, the blemish is still there. This is what it looks like.

20180205183946-f4a2b22d.jpg

20180205183941-8cde8790.jpg

I don't know what the hell it is but it's pretty disappointing to have and annoying as hell to look at.:mad:

So, my question to all of you is, should we just suck it up or bitch about it? What would you do?

JAGS

Fuck dat. Have them order up a new one. You'll swap it at the dealer when it arrives.

Ultra JL

Okay, I'm probably being a whiny ass bitch but after spending just over $50k on our JL Wrangler, I'm kinda pissed to find my hard top has a significant blemish on it. At first, I just thought it was just dust or some kind of greasy smudge but after trying to clean it with water and even a mild detergent, the blemish is still there. This is what it looks like.

I don't know what the hell it is but it's pretty disappointing to have and annoying as hell to look at.:mad:

So, my question to all of you is, should we just suck it up or bitch about it? What would you do?

Bitch about it. Have it replaced.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, might have to talk to my dealership about this. Sucks because I hate having to do this kind of thing but it's pretty frustrating to look at especially after paying so much money.

JeepFan

Honestly I think they should replace the top. At the very least they need to take lots of pics and send them to their area rep to determine a course of action. They need to fix this to your satisfaction!

Piginajeep

I’d take your iPhone out of your purse and call in a complaint.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sent a message to my salesman. Not holding my breath but hopefully I'll hear back from him tomorrow with something.

Piginajeep

Seriously that’s not acceptable. I’m sure they can touch it up. I wouldn’t take anything but a new one.

2012 JK8

10frank9

I’d take your iPhone out of your purse and call in a complaint.

2012 JK8

Alright I actually laughed out loud on this one.

But I agree, that’s unacceptable and I would take that bad boy in and make them fix or replace it.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This should be replaced or fixed for sure! Totally not acceptable even if Cindy may try to take out the doors and window again ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got a call from Carson City Jeep and they told me to bring our JL down so that they can take pics and submit a claim to FCA. They're hoping to just get a replacement top but said there's a chance FCA might want to just have it painted. Either way, they said getting it fixed shouldn't be a problem. In the mean time, we get to drive with what we've got until we hear back from them.

IMG_3451.jpg

:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a call from Carson City Jeep and they said they just ordered us up a new hard top :rock: