Rcv 2 pc FAD

JP223/3USA

I’ve had these installed for a good while now and thought I would give a little recommendation. Make sure your fad collar slides on your shafts prior to the install. The tolerances on my collar for the 2 pc shafts were extra tight. I couldn’t for the life of me get the collar to slide onto the outer shaft during the install. So I popped the boot off and pulled the outer shaft and collar. I found out when the teeth aligned it would slide in 1/8” and get stuck. A lot of back and forth tapping with a rubber mallet fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sdhobbs

I’ve had these installed for a good while now and thought I would give a little recommendation. Make sure your fad collar slides on your shafts prior to the install. The tolerances on my collar for the 2 pc shafts were extra tight. I couldn’t for the life of me get the collar to slide onto the outer shaft during the install. So I popped the boot off and pulled the outer shaft and collar. I found out when the teeth aligned it would slide in 1/8” and get stuck. A lot of back and forth tapping with a rubber mallet fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
How are these shafts working out for you? Would you recommend them? What is your setup ( tire size, stock axles, etc.)?
Thanks!