Hello From Arizona!

JL MADDOG

Newbie from Apache Junction, AZ!

My name is Michael and I just acquired a new JL Willys Edition with the 2.0L Turbo. I have never owned a Jeep of any kind. Most of my automotive ownership has been sports cars, sedans, a station wagon or two and Ram trucks. So if I mess up a Jeep specific term or description set me straight!

We will be doing a bit of desert running plus some longer road trips in the Jeep so my mod list will center on some trail enhancements. I don't think I'll be doing anything too radical but I do want to make it off-road capable. Of course, if this was a Ram Cummins powered pickup or a Chrysler LX platform I'd know exactly what to get.

First things first is a hi-lift jack mount. I'd prefer one that goes on the rollbar inside. If you have any suggestions on such a mount I'd be very happy to see them.

I'll run the stock wheels (17 x 17.5 Moab) and tires (Firestone Destination) for a while but I suspect that the Firestones may go away pretty quickly. My experience with that brand has been dismal. I'm OK with the current wheels but if I had to replace the tires what would you folks suggest?

No doubt I'll have all kinds of questions as I learn about the Jeep.

In the meantime I'm glad I found the forum!

15-M.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to JLWRANGLER. Regarding tires, are you looking for a set of all terrains or mud terrains to eventually replace what you have now?