Radio Glitch

RobBunch

So I've had this hiccup 2x now...
My 18 JLU rubi has the 8.5 inch radio/nav unit. Simply driving along listening to the radio/streaming music and it's like the head unit has a brain fart and reboots just likr at startup. Had anyone else seen this or do yall know what the cause is.

(And my back up battery was just changed at my 20k service)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

I have 2019 with all kinds of electrical issues. Right now, my radio won't even play. No Bluetooth, no car play... NOTHING!

Jeep really needs to fix these radio issues. Lots of people have issues with Jeep radios.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.IMG_1975.jpg

Last edited:

DavidDJL69

My nav got stuck going in circles in Idaho after returning from a trip. Took it to dealer. Took them 2 weeks. Ended up replacing antenna, wiring, and entire radio/nav unit. That’s what I’d said suggest if you’re still under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What I did

So I've had this hiccup 2x now...
My 18 JLU rubi has the 8.5 inch radio/nav unit. Simply driving along listening to the radio/streaming music and it's like the head unit has a brain fart and reboots just likr at startup. Had anyone else seen this or do yall know what the cause is.

(And my back up battery was just changed at my 20k service)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I had this problem as well as the lines on the backup camera disappearing. Took it to dealership and they are replacing the radio.

Jeeeep

I had this problem as well as the lines on the backup camera disappearing. Took it to dealership and they are replacing the radio.

you got lucky, i took mine in and all they did was reboot is and flashed some update into it.

i still have the lines disappearing and sometimes the camera doesn't switch off when going into drive.

Now I use the Tazer to reboot the radio and no issues for several months