Thread: Beach Off Roading in North Carolina

Fresh Catch

Beach Off Roading in North Carolina

Spent part of the day riding the Ferry from Southport to Fort Fisher and off roading at Forth Fisher's 4x4 beach. It's not very challenging for a Wrangler but still fun. Lots of room to stretch out the Jeep's legs and found some large vacant stretches of beach. I'll post a video later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Serpent View Post
    Spent part of the day riding the Ferry from Southport to Fort Fisher and off roading at Forth Fisher's 4x4 beach. It's not very challenging for a Wrangler but still fun. Lots of room to stretch out the Jeep's legs and found some large vacant stretches of beach. I'll post a video later.
    Nice I miss NC

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Looks like a great day to get out on the beach!

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    Nice I miss NC

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I understand completely. NC is a mountains to coast kind of state with lots in between. I'm originally from Oklahoma, but I have so much fun in North Carolina I really only miss my family LOL.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JLRay View Post
    Looks like a great day to get out on the beach!
    Yes it was! Even in the winter months the North Carolina coast has decent weather. An added plus is that there are not that many people out there so I can easily find a semi private stretch to set up and enjoy just being there. Although in the summer on some 4x4 beach access points on the outer banks my hand has gotten tired from doing the Jeep wave LOL. That's at least until I get out a couple of miles from the entrance. BTW these are not your typical beaches. There are no lifeguards, no buildings, no houses, nothing but open beaches and the ocean to enjoy. One more thing...There are signs indicating all wheel drive vehicles and 2 wheel drive vehicles are not allowed AND that the park rangers are not a towing service LOL.