LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper Only Installed Today

Sea Serpent

This is an early Christmas present from my wife! Man I love how it changed the rear looks of my Rubicon!!! Haven't figured out how I need to wire in the bumper lights yet and they will not be reverse lights since they are spot lights. I may change my mind and go with a flood light later, but I think they'll do what I need them for. So for those who may pursue this bumper with a tag bracket I have some advice. Don't mount it against the painted body and leave ~ 1/4" gap. To eliminate any vibrating, I wedged thick walled vacuum hose between the top of the bumper and tag bracket in two separate places creating a pretty solid support. You can't even see the hose since its black and only a deliberate effort will you even notice it's there. So far it's working excellent. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1219201403.jpg
    1219201403.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 1220201722a.jpg
    1220201722a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 130

klastinger

I have the same bumper. Had it in for 3 months and no issue with the tag mount. Mine sits away from the body by a 1/4 or so and looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

klastinger

I used the rigid back up kit and my lights are wired into one of my aux switches. O have they where they come in with reverse, but can have them also used as spots mounted the switch in the JL icon on the left panel by rear gate opening.

klastinger

Rigid makes a nice back up light kit with the 3 way switch. Off-back up-spot/flood.

Sea Serpent

Dale72, I decided to go with a tailgate reinforcement kit. I obviously can't name it or the post gets filtered out. Ill post a picture of the unnamed kit after I get it installed lol.

Sea Serpent

I can't seem to add any further comments to this thread. After three failed attempts this is will be my last attempt and I'll simply create a new one continuing this conversation. I'm not sure what is happening here.

Sea Serpent

Dale72, This is my fourth attempt at responding to the comment about this bumper with a tire carrier. I decided to beef up my tailgate instead (trying to avoid any words that flag this comment). I'll post pictures of it later with no words to avoid the post from being deleted/filtered.

Dale72

Caught the Bug
Dale72, This is my fourth attempt at responding to the comment about this bumper with a tire carrier. I decided to beef up my tailgate instead (trying to avoid any words that flag this comment). I'll post pictures of it later with no words to avoid the post from being deleted/filtered.
Yeah I thought about doing that also but if I ever decide to go with 40's the tailgate reinforced won't be enough

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sea Serpent

Dale72, I can understand that. I don't think I'll ever be at that level since my wife complains about getting in and out of my stock height jeep lol. My Jeep excursions are not going to task my stock 33's much anyway.

Sea Serpent

I used the rigid back up kit and my lights are wired into one of my aux switches. O have they where they come in with reverse, but can have them also used as spots mounted the switch in the JL icon on the left panel by rear gate opening.

Just curious how you connected these lights to the wiring for reverse/backup lighting? I'm assuming you have a wire from the battery or fuse panel or your aux or using using a relay? My Jeep doesn't have the Auxiliary switches so its a little more difficult for me to add stuff.