Oops!!! This isn’t supposed to happen

JP223/3USA

I had to toss this in the trash. I had this installed about a week. Definitely saved the diff but ended up snapping the heads off 2 bolts that came with the glide plate. No loss of fluids and made it home. IMG_8229.jpgIMG_8234.JPGIMG_8220.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I had to toss this in the trash. I had this installed about a week. Definitely saved the diff but ended up snapping the heads off 2 bolts that came with the glide plate. No loss of fluids and made it home. [

The Rancho diff guide plate has been around for many many years (way prior to the JL/JT platform). First one I've heard of doing that. How did it happen? Was this front or rear diff? Were you going backwards or forwards? I'm just trying to understand how something like this could even happen.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Glad it did it's job first and foremost.
As mentioned more info is needed on HOW this occurred.
Snapping some grade 8 bolts takes a lot of work, ;)

Thanks Matt

I had to toss this in the trash. I had this installed about a week. Definitely saved the diff but ended up snapping the heads off 2 bolts that came with the glide plate. No loss of fluids and made it home. View attachment 16275View attachment 16276View attachment 16277

MrGiant

Wow, thats impressing! I was thinkkng of this plate as well to save my diff, but now I am curious on your fix, JP223

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JP223/3USA

I was backing up when this happened. There was a 4’ish drop behind me and the rear slipped because it was wet. The glide plate grabbed a rock when this happened. One end of the u-bolt nut stripped off along with the 2 head of the diff cover bolts. The area I was in has very sharp rocks and I was avoiding slicing a tire. I still plan to get the rear glide plate but the front I’m changing up. It sucks I only had the front for such a short time. It’s definitely well built and I had to be that one guy in this world that had a freak issue. IMG_8249.jpg

Last edited: