New Gearing - Rubicon

klastinger

Wanting to go to 37’s on my 2020 Rubicon and wanted to get some info. I would not even consider the 37’s without a gear change. Will the stock Dana 44 carriers work with both 4:56 or 4:88 gears? Will my factory lockers still work as OEM with this gear change?

I don’t do a lot of interstate driving-75 plus mph. Mainly around town.

Any suggestions on which gearing you recommend would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

Wanting to go to 37’s on my 2020 Rubicon and wanted to get some info. I would not even consider the 37’s without a gear change. Will the stock Dana 44 carriers work with both 4:56 or 4:88 gears? Will my factory lockers still work as OEM with this gear change?

I don’t do a lot of interstate driving-75 plus mph. Mainly around town.

Any suggestions on which gearing you recommend would be appreciated.

Yes. Your factory lockers will still work as oem with a re-gear. Shortest and easiest way to explain a re-gear. Remove locker, press off ring gear, press on new ring gear on the factory locker, remove pinion head and install new pinion head. Obviously, there are more steps involved with a re-gear with electric lockers, but I hope it simplifies this for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bUxXM0GCr4&feature=share

Last edited:

drhcobra

I am going with 4.88 on manual trans. I have the gears, just waiting for crappy weather and time to do the install.

klastinger

Just got my 4.88 in my 2020 Rubicon auto. With 37’s this is perfect. Actually got it cleaned up today. Now to get it dirty again soon. IMG_4013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro