NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A recent article written by Adrian Padeanu on Motor1.com had little to no new information regarding the Jeep JL Wrangler that slated to be relased later this year but they did have a host of new spy shots posted up and some that might interest you. As you can see below, you can get a pretty good idea of what the new squared off screened grill will look like and the close up shot of the tire does point to it running at least a 265/70R17. Hard to say for sure but it could even be a 285 which would be really nice. In one of the shots, you can kind of see the passenger side dash and air vent and being that it looks so much like a current JK, I'd have to say that this is still just a test mule. At least, it would be lame if Jeep didn't come up with a new look inside. On a side note, I do find it odd that we have yet to see a single spy shot of a 2-door JL Wrangler. Kind of makes you wonder about its future.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think about these spy shots. I know some of you have really good eyes and I've love for you to point out things that I might have missed :yup:

Here's the link to the Motor1.com article where all these photos were found. In it, you'll see information regarding plans to have the JK continue production for several months after the JL is released.
http://www.motor1.com/news/132483/2018-jeep-wrangler-production-november/

So far as we know, we should be able to see official press releases on the Jeep JL Wrangler by September 2017.

By November 2017, people should be able to place an order for a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Official production of the Jeep JL Wrangler should begin by November 15, 2017

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Why are they releasing so late? Isn't normally to be able to order next year production vehicles in like August and receive in September?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why are they releasing so late? Isn't normally to be able to order next year production vehicles in like August and receive in September?

They typically do a big reveal at the NY auto show but from what I've heard, it might be getting pushed back to the LA auto show. Apparently, they are behind schedule on production.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gives me more time to decide what I want. Lol

LOL!! We'll most likely order one up as soon as they're available to be ordered but I have a feeling what I really want won't be available till a year or so down the road. Same thing happened back in 2006 when we ordered up Moby. Things like satellite and NAV was supposed to be available but weren't till a bit more than a year later.

LOL!! We'll most likely order one up as soon as they're available to be ordered but I have a feeling what I really want won't be available till a year or so down the road. Same thing happened back in 2006 when we ordered up Moby. Things like satellite and NAV was supposed to be available but weren't till a bit more than a year later.

Interesting. I hope they have all that sorted out at launch for this generation. A Rubi JL with Nav would be awesome!