Leakage controls solenoid timing

Nissan

Hi
Have you experienced a leakage phenomenon from Variable Valve Timing Solenoid Control

What do you think should be done?

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_102238.jpg
    IMG_20200909_102238.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20200909_102303.jpg
    IMG_20200909_102303.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200909_102404.jpg
    IMG_20200909_102404.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20200909_161742.jpg
    IMG_20200909_161742.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 114

Kajmcbride

You may be able to have the leak fixed under warranty, however you are out of warranty the fix is not that difficult.

The name of the part is Engine Variable Valve Timing Solenoid the Mopar part number is 5047897AC. The seal in the valve cover that the solenoid goes into is Mopar part number 4893803AA.

To replace the seal on the right or passenger side is not that difficult.

First clean the area around the leak to prevent dirt from falling into the valve cover.

The engine cover and right side front support need to be removed.

Next is to remove the nuts holding the hose clamps on to the silver bracket and the other hose clamps to the rear so that the hoses can be moved out of the way.

After gaining access to the solenoid remove the electrical connector by sliding the lock back toward the loom then sliding a pick in the end on the solenoid and lifting the lock.

Remove the bolt holding the solenoid and pull the solenoid straight out.

The round rubber seal comes out of the valve cover pretty easy using a pick or pliers pull seal out of the valve cover then clean the seal area. The new seal goes in easily by hand with not much force replace. I did not use any adhesive or sealant on the seal I put the seal in dry.

The left side or drivers side is to be more difficult to access because the upper intake manifold needs to be removed and the ERG fitting needs to be disconnected to access the solenoid.

I noticed my seals leaking at around 35K and I replaced them. I have around 4k on the repair and the right side is leak free. I haven't checked the left side because I am to lazy to get out the inspection camera.

Good luck

You may be able to have the leak fixed under warranty, however you are out of warranty the fix is not that difficult.

The name of the part is Engine Variable Valve Timing Solenoid the Mopar part number is 5047897AC. The seal in the valve cover that the solenoid goes into is Mopar part number 4893803AA.

To replace the seal on the right or passenger side is not that difficult.

First clean the area around the leak to prevent dirt from falling into the valve cover.

The engine cover and right side front support need to be removed.

Next is to remove the nuts holding the hose clamps on to the silver bracket and the other hose clamps to the rear so that the hoses can be moved out of the way.

After gaining access to the solenoid remove the electrical connector by sliding the lock back toward the loom then sliding a pick in the end on the solenoid and lifting the lock.

Remove the bolt holding the solenoid and pull the solenoid straight out.

The round rubber seal comes out of the valve cover pretty easy using a pick or pliers pull seal out of the valve cover then clean the seal area. The new seal goes in easily by hand with not much force replace. I did not use any adhesive or sealant on the seal I put the seal in dry.

The left side or drivers side is to be more difficult to access because the upper intake manifold needs to be removed and the ERG fitting needs to be disconnected to access the solenoid.

I noticed my seals leaking at around 35K and I replaced them. I have around 4k on the repair and the right side is leak free. I haven't checked the left side because I am to lazy to get out the inspection camera.

Good luck

Nice writing!!

Nissan

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation
I did listen to your advice
And after an argument, I was approved to repair under warranty
As you said
Replace valve cover gasket
Replace Valve Timing Solenoid
Replace Sensor Lambda

Thank you