Replacing factory Fog lights with Rigid using the stock fog light switch.

JL5009

So i just picked up a new front "Rival" aluminum bumper, which I really liked and since I cant use the stock fog Leds that came on my 2020 plastic JL bumper.

I decided to pick up the 3" Rigid pro series cube lights. When disconnecting the factory fog light harnesses I noticed it's different than my 2018 JLU. Another change on the 2020. Picture attached.

I want want to use the stock fog light switch for the Rigids, but need to know how to wire it up to the new harness.

I can't find any wiring diagram for the 2020 JL, and since there are 2 versions of the JLs US market and international and now I am stuck.

I dont mind cutting the harnesses from the fog lights but need to know what colours to wire up.

20200829_064144.jpeg20200829_064118.jpeg20200829_064140.jpeg

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

MrGiant

This one is just for the fogs??
I would have expected to find a 2 wire harness per light and a really easy replacement....this surprises me.
Sorr, I cannot help you

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JTCO

Meme King
So i just picked up a new front "Rival" aluminum bumper, which I really liked and since I cant use the stock fog Leds that came on my 2020 plastic JL bumper.

I decided to pick up the 3" Rigid pro series cube lights. When disconnecting the factory fog light harnesses I noticed it's different than my 2018 JLU. Another change on the 2020. Picture attached.

I want want to use the stock fog light switch for the Rigids, but need to know how to wire it up to the new harness.

I can't find any wiring diagram for the 2020 JL, and since there are 2 versions of the JLs US market and international and now I am stuck.

I dont mind cutting the harnesses from the fog lights but need to know what colours to wire up.

Why use the harness there rather than splice in to the fog light pigtails near the bumper? I looked on our 2020 JL and 2020 JT. They're the same. Wires on the left are (a) white/yellow and (b) black. Wires on the right are (a) white/orange and (b) black.

IMG_20200830_080017_6.jpg

IMG_20200830_075951_4.jpg

Last edited:

JL5009

Thats whats connected to the fog light pigtail thats in the front bumper.

I would have expected to find a 2 wire harness per light and a really easy replacement....this surprises me.
Sorr, I cannot help you

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JL5009

My 2018 JLU has a 2 wire harness but my new JL 2020 is different.
Sorr, I cannot help you

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JL5009

This is the pigtail from the stock fog lights20200830_202904.jpeg20200830_202859.jpeg

JTCO

Meme King
Get a test light. Unplug the fog light, turn the fog light on and then use the test light on the plug and find out which wire has power.

JL5009

Ok I figured it out [emoji108]

Only after looking at the fog light pigtail 3 wires are only connect to the main harness with the 10 wires connected. This is my mistake that got me confused, and I should have looked at the pigtail.

So from my memory from the 2018 JLU, when i upgraded from the plastic bumper to the Rubicon steel. I remember taking apart the whole plastic bumper and pulling out the harness which was a pain to get.

Sniped off the pigtail from the plastic bumper fog light harness, and joined the left fog (White & Orange) to the left single (Red) wire from the Rigid cube. Then joined the (White & Yellow) to the right single (Red) wire from the Rigid cube. Then joined both ground (Black) Rigid Cube wires into the Single (Black) wire in the pigtail.

Connected the pigtail to the harness and started the Jeep!

I hit the fog light switch and I'm back in business [emoji41] Problem Solved..

So i would like to thank everyone for thier feedback and help and hope this helps someone else out there [emoji41]....

Last edited:

MrGiant

Congrats! Glad you found it and posted your solution this detailed

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR