Gladiator vs Wrangler Steering

Morning y’all!
I’m a very happy guy in my JL, but F me if a punkin orange Gladiator rubicon didn’t catch my eye at the dealer. They’ve got a gator Mohave too, but the Rubi’s got almost $5K knocked off the sticker. Am I gonna end up with the JL dead spot in my steering & the highway shake or is the gladiator not prone to it? I also watched a couple of Bubba’s videos last night & he mentioned the Mojave’s frame is beefed up from stock?

JTCO

Meme King
Morning y’all!
I’m a very happy guy in my JL, but F me if a punkin orange Gladiator rubicon didn’t catch my eye at the dealer. They’ve got a gator Mojave too, but the Rubi’s got almost $5K knocked off the sticker. Am I gonna end up with the JL dead spot in my steering & the highway shake or is the gladiator not prone to it?

Our 2020 Gladiator has never had an issue with stock tires, stock suspension, 35inch tires, and now a 2 inch front lift.

Our 2020 Wrangler also doesn't have any issues stock nor with 35s. Granted it's only got 1k on it.

I think the Wrangler wanders slightly more than the gladiator but I don't really drive it and still don't think it's abnormal. My wife doesn't complain about it.

If I were you, go test drive the Gladiators and see what you think.

Our 2020 Gladiator has never had an issue with stock tires, stock suspension, 35inch tires, and now a 2 inch front lift.

Our 2020 Wrangler also doesn't have any issues stock nor with 35s. Granted it's only got 1k on it.

I think the Wrangler wanders slightly more than the gladiator but I don't really drive it and still don't think it's abnormal. My wife doesn't complain about it.

If I were you, go test drive the Gladiators and see what you think.

I’ve talked myself back out of it. I’m gonna keep the JL for a few more years then think about it. The Rubi didn’t have a hard top & the Mohave was just too much money for a lateral.

Both of my Jeeps have a little dead spot. Hoping the new steering box will fix it. I’m hoping to have it done in the JL next week.

I had the dealer swap my box a year ago. It’ll be tight for a bit but break-in. I had the rev1 box and it’s been updated 5 times now. My steering is better, but not amazing. Putting on the synergy front track bar helped a ton. If yours is still stock, dump it.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I’ve talked myself back out of it. I’m gonna keep the JL for a few more years then think about it. The Rubi didn’t have a hard top & the Mohave was just too much money for a lateral.

I had the dealer swap my box a year ago. It’ll be tight for a bit but break-in. I had the rev1 box and it’s been updated 5 times now. My steering is better, but not amazing. Putting on the synergy front track bar helped a ton. If yours is still stock, dump it.

There is a new TSB for a cast box. You don’t have that. Parts aren’t even available.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal