JL Steering Gear

Conrad65

So to quote the dealer when I bought my wrangler in February 'its designed to be like that so when you are off road it doesn't move the steering wheel too much" they were really trying to blow smoke up my rs.
I knew it was bull. Good to see it is finally getting resolved, but I wander how many accidents were caused by this, I almost rolled due to massive steering corrections on an expressway!

Sent from my SM-F700F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

Got mine done today under warranty. Took a shot of what they would charge. Also, I didn’t get 4 new bolts but they reused the original hardware. It looks dumb with the long front bolts sticking out so much.I asked if there were new torque specs for the bolts and they said 44ft lbs. seems low to me. I’ll use my torque wrench to verify that number.
IMG_6854.jpg
IMG_6840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Got mine done under warranty today. Night & day difference. My Jeep shipped with the original steering box. It got sloppy & was replaced last year with the 5th revision version. It got sloppy & I got this one. My old bolts were silver & these are black. I was so used to correcting the steering on every bump that when I drove off the lot I must’ve looked drunk. Every minor movement translated. I was on the highway doing 85 & took both hands off the wheel for 3-4 seconds & it tracked perfect. I was on 540e in Raleigh which is know to be a tough patch of highway. Let’s see if she holds up.

If you’re gonna get it done CALL JEEP WAVE!! My service advisor was shocked. She said Lisa from Jeep Wave expedited my parts & checked in constantly. She also said most other owners were waiting a month or 2 but they special ordered mine & it was there in 2 weeks! I would at least give them a call before going PSC. They might be able to make something happen.

1 (844) 533-7928

klastinger

I agree with the Jeep Wave. Called them before I took mine in. No issue. Part came in less than 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Contacted Jeep wave regarding my gear being ordered and lack or dealership response to my inquiries. According to them most dealers are only allowed to order one at a time every 10-14 days. Jeep wave is gonna see where I’m at in line for mine as well as get the dealer to address my other concerns on a 3500 mile Jeep. Hopefully it can be expedited

YJTJJKUJLUR

So has anyone reinstalled the synergy brace after the new gear box install? I’m in line for the new steering gear and have the synergy brace still in the box unopened. Was wondering if the sector shaft brace is gonna work with the new box? I assume it will

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

klastinger

My new box is in. Will get installed on Monday. My sector shaft brace will be going back on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ralph

Wander

Just picked up my JL last Friday and that was the first thing out of my mouth, WOW this thing wanders, so far I’m loving it but that’s got to be taken care of. Off to the Coos Bay Jeep dealer in the morning.