JL Steering Gear

klastinger

Seems like the 40 or 44 pounds someone said the new bolts were seems low for those size bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimc65

I went to my dealer today and explained the wander and the feeling I'm driving in an old time movie always correcting. They told me bring it in and they will do a update on my computer. Is this normal what do you suggest I do? 2020 JL 2 door

JP223/3USA

I went to my dealer today and explained the wander and the feeling I'm driving in an old time movie always correcting. They told me bring it in and they will do a update on my computer. Is this normal what do you suggest I do? 2020 JL 2 door

This is the first step the dealership will try to fix your steering. There is a TSB to have the PCM flashed. I figured this would have already taken care of with the newer vehicles. If your steering still sucks, they will be forced to narrow it down to the gear box.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

klastinger

They flashed mine when I was there 2 weeks ago. They are installing my new steering box today.

Jimc65

Thanks I go in for it on Oct 5 I will see what happens. I find it hard to believe a flash would correct this
This is the first step the dealership will try to fix your steering. There is a TSB to have the PCM flashed. I figured this would have already taken care of with the newer vehicles. If your steering still sucks, they will be forced to narrow it down to the gear box.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

klastinger

They didn’t finish the install for some reason. I was really ticked being they had it all day.