JL Steering Gear

klastinger

Took mine in this morning too. I have a lift and all synergy steering components and no issue. I did take my sector shaft brace off though.

They ordered all for me and not an issue. They said they could only order one a week and fortunately it was my luck to be the one the week.

I will let you know how it is when I get it back. Of course I am putting my sector shaft brace back on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DavidDJL69

Good to hear they didn’t hassle you much on it. When I return from Moab I’m going to copy what you did and see what happens. Of course, please let the rest of us know what the Jeep drives like before you put the sector shaft brace back on.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Took mine in to try to get them to do an out of warranty repair on this. I’m at 41.5k miles, service manager said he’s never heard of an out of warranty repair but would try it after confirming an issue. The tech drove it and said it drove good for a Jeep with 38” tires and beadlocks . I said it has a little play and slight pull to the right, he agreed but said again- drives good. As a result they won’t pursue it for me. Unfortunately, military here so bought the Jeep at a dealership in another state- don’t know if that played a role in their decision.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Took mine in to try to get them to do an out of warranty repair on this. I’m at 41.5k miles, service manager said he’s never heard of an out of warranty repair but would try it after confirming an issue. The tech drove it and said it drove good for a Jeep with 38” tires and beadlocks . I said it has a little play and slight pull to the right, he agreed but said again- drives good. As a result they won’t pursue it for me. Unfortunately, military here so bought the Jeep at a dealership in another state- don’t know if that played a role in their decision.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Has play and pulls but tech says "Drives good." What a fucking retard. Tech needs to go back to flipping burgers.

klastinger

No doubt. Just don’t want to cover it. Call FCA and see what they say. I got a case number before I took it in. They even call my service advisor at the dealership. He had all the info when I came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Call Jeep Wave. 1 (844) 533-7928

benatc1

I got quoted 750 today, so I'm kinda stuck between doing that, and just going with the PSC being I can swing it now and would likely be doing that upgrade down the road anyway. Probably not the ram quote yet but have it set up to upgrade

Sent from my HD1905 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app