Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: JL Steering Gear

Fresh Catch
    I went into the stealership today and they confirmed that I had to bring my jeep in for an initial diaog and then it would be 3-4 months for the part to come in. But when he asked me some questions he confirmed the aluminum gear box issue.
    Atleast he didn't try to hid behind some bullhockey.

There is some hope for humanity, you just have to search for it!?!?!?!!!!!

Fresh Catch
    The real pisser about all this, they don't call it out as a recall, but a TSB. I mean what is a life or two and lose a couple customers.

Toyota pulled this crap all the time with the Tacomas and our Prius. Fortunately I had a great service deptment manager that told me about all the hidden gems and saved me 1000$$$$$$.

So after driving a couple trips in my JT I will say that I do notice a difference. Seems to wonder a lot less on the highway (70mph). Don't have to correct the steering wheel as much. Has a tighter feel.
    Even from a sharp turn the steering wheel will return back to center easier. So I will say that I'm happy with the fix.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GoinginJeep View Post
    The real pisser about all this, they don't call it out as a recall, but a TSB. I mean what is a life or two and lose a couple customers.

Toyota pulled this crap all the time with the Tacomas and our Prius. Fortunately I had a great service deptment manager that told me about all the hidden gems and saved me 1000$$$$$$.
    Ya I talked to the dealer they said I would have to pay for it myself but I really donít notice much I just figured thatís a Jeep🤦🏻

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718