Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: JL Steering Gear

Quote Originally Posted by klastinger View Post
    Mine came in 8 days. You must have a busy dealer. I was told they could only order one a week, which seemed odd to me. Glad I went early on Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea my dealer said 1 every 10 days.

They work closely with Quadratec since they are right down the road so Iím sure they took care of those guys first before everyone else

Not to go off the topic too much, are the factory electric pump and the factory gearbox worth anything? Or are they just trash?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jtwopark View Post
    Not to go off the topic too much, are the factory electric pump and the factory gearbox worth anything? Or are they just trash?

Iím sure to people who will never switch to a full PSC system will want them

Just got the call dealer has all the parts bringing it there now , and they are supposed to do it tomorrow

Good for you. Hope it goes well. Thanks for posting your progress. Lots of us have to get this done before warranty expires. Did you go through Jeep Cares or do you have a good dealer to work with?

Caught the Bug
    I advise going through jeep cares/FCA first. It made getting mine done on my jeep with 3000 miles really easy. They did exactly as the TSB stated for the dealer to do. I was very pleased with both. FCA customer service called the dealer before I took it in, and called me after it was done to follow up and ensure was I satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just got the recall for the steering damper, I am just out of warranty as well at 36200 so hopefully they will do it under warranty weíll they do the recall work.

So I picked up my Jeep at the dealer yesterday after they changed the steering box. The guy at the counter (that I know) told me his outside alignment guy told him there is definitely something wrong in the rear as it is all over the road. My buddy took it for a drive and he told me it feels loose but he might be influenced by the alignment tech (that he does not like).Also the fact he has never driven a Jeep and he drives a BMW M235i. I told him I would take it for a good drive and recheck my lift install. So I drove it home and the steering is night and day. wow now that is more relaxing to drive. I feel nothing about going all over the road it drives like a 2 door Jeep and not like a BMW or any other car.
    I love it so much more now. Its very much worth it to get the steering box changed.

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimc65 View Post
    So I picked up my Jeep at the dealer yesterday after they changed the steering box. The guy at the counter (that I know) told me his outside alignment guy told him there is definitely something wrong in the rear as it is all over the road. My buddy took it for a drive and he told me it feels loose but he might be influenced by the alignment tech (that he does not like).Also the fact he has never driven a Jeep and he drives a BMW M235i. I told him I would take it for a good drive and recheck my lift install. So I drove it home and the steering is night and day. wow now that is more relaxing to drive. I feel nothing about going all over the road it drives like a 2 door Jeep and not like a BMW or any other car.
    I love it so much more now. Its very much worth it to get the steering box changed.
    So glad it worked out for you! Iíve got about 1000 miles & one good trail trip on mine & it still feels great.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415