JL Steering Gear

klastinger

I am wondering for those of us with Synergy Sector Shaft Braces will the new box line up with our braces for the old boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone does this and is out of warranty, please post up how much it costs to get done. I'm debating on just upgrading to a PSC instead.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I contacted Jeep and they are covering mine outside of warranty. But I’m just past at 38,500 miles.

I'm at almost 50k on my JL so I guess shit out of luck in getting it covered. I contacted my dealership and they said they would get me a price. What's crazy is that they were telling me that they can only order one every two weeks and they already have 7 people wanting one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How bad has your steering gotten?

Truth be told, it's not bad at all. I can't say that I really even know what everyone is complaining about but then, I'm so used to driving old Jeeps, ones with really slopping steering that I think what I have is great. I just never liked the idea of having an aluminum steering box or even knuckles for that matter. If I could replace it under warranty, I will and just because. Or, depending on how much it is, I'll just upgrade to a PSC Big Bore XD like I did on our Gladiator.

JP223/3USA

Truth be told, it's not bad at all. I can't say that I really even know what everyone is complaining about but then, I'm so used to driving old Jeeps, ones with really slopping steering that I think what I have is great. I just never liked the idea of having an aluminum steering box or even knuckles for that matter. If I could replace it under warranty, I will and just because. Or, depending on how much it is, I'll just upgrade to a PSC Big Bore XD like I did on our Gladiator.

I feel the same way about my Jeep. I only found out my steering was garbage when my wife got behind the wheel and she was all over the road. She refuses to drive it anywhere now but for me, it’s the best steering I’ve ever had on one my Jeeps. I’m gonna call the dealership and find out about getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Just called Jeep Wave & got an appointment for tomorrow!! The incredible woman in the phone told me “this is the part we’ve all been waiting for” & is going to walk the dealership through some kind of expedited technical ordering process.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I would return it to stock. Don't want the dealership to give you any reason why they won't do it or worse.

Mine’s been steering great since a new track bar, drag link and sector shaft brace. I hate to mess with it but it’s Jeep’s fault for this steering “upgrade” so I feel like making them make it right!

Dude if your steering fine, leave it. I’ve got 2 inches of dead spot. If I was you I wouldn’t tear it apart over the box unless you really needed one.

DavidDJL69

Great point. I’m starting to arrive at the conclusion that the dealer definitely knows less than people on this forum and their mechanics may not know much kore than that! I may just leave it alone for now. The nobly have 18,000 on my JL so there’s a little time left before the warranty expires, whatever that’s worth.

JP223/3USA

Here’s the best I can do. It covers all 18+ JL and Gladiators.

View attachment 15998

View attachment 15999

View attachment 16000

Anybody have the recall number for the recall bulletin? I gave the dealership the number at the upper right but that’s not popping up in their system. It’s supposed to be something that starts with a letter. Also, they haven’t heard of any fix for the steering gear box