2Dr Jeep JL 2020 Question

JL5009

Well just picked a 2Dr Jeep Rubicon in bright white, and i was going over it to see if there is any new changes from 2018.

As headed toward the back, I noticed something connected to the lower control arm. (Pictures attached)

Any ideas what is it?20200809_183828.jpeg20200809_183811.jpeg

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think you meant to say "upper" control arm but aside from that, I have to say that I have no idea what that is. At first, I thought it was some kind of sway bar link but see that it's got some kind of electronic device connected to it. I wonder if it has something to do with stability control.

Would love to hear from someone who does know. :yup:

MrGiant

I saw this on German JLs but the dealer didn't have any idea, too.
Interesting and logical that its for the tilt and automatic headlight adjustment. Strange that I never saw it in the options and feature list

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JTCO

Meme King
I saw this on German JLs but the dealer didn't have any idea, too.
Interesting and logical that its for the tilt and automatic headlight adjustment. Strange that I never saw it in the options and feature list

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

I see this on a lot of German cars here like MB suvs, etc. Common to see on Land Rovers as well.

JL5009

[emoji38] my bad, I meant upper.

Now with the answers I got back, it makes sense why I noticed my JL headlights move and adjust automatically.

I noticed we get some different specs when it comes to the JL here in Dubai. Example, our Rubicons also come with the Same transfer case as on the Sahara but we get the Rubicon axels.

Our side mirrors also have indicators on them.
I think you meant to say "upper" control arm but aside from that, I have to say that I have no idea what that is. At first, I thought it was some kind of sway bar link but see that it's got some kind of electronic device connected to it. I wonder if it has something to do with stability control.

Would love to hear from someone who does know. :yup:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned it’s a ride height sensor. GM uses it on a lot of their SUV’s that have adaptive suspension (rear level adjusting shocks).

If mopar is using this just for headlight aiming then I don’t see a problem with removing it. Hopefully it sets the lights into the default center position

JL5009

Thanks for all the help and feedback, really appreciated.