Heat Issue Question

RobBunch

So my wife noticed an unusual amount of heat coming from the floorboard area of our 18 JL (3.6L). It was an unusually warm day and she had been driving for about 2.5 hrs in the heat of the day (south louisiana with uber hi humidity). Just wondering 8f anyone else has seen or heard of this happening.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

If she was running the AC, after awhile the AC will automatically open the vent to allow outside air in.

In humid areas it's a warm humid air. Mine does it about every 15 minutes when on the highway.

It is what FCA calls "HVAC fresh air inlet strategy" or as I refer to it, just more bullshit....

Jeeeep

I'm going to try and rig up some color LEDs to the fresh air plug and see which one lights up when it happens.

Hoping to identify the wire and disable it.

I'm an adult and know how to crack the window if needed.

In 5 years no one will need to know how to actually control a vehicle, they'll just get in it and navigate where they want to go...no thinking required :doh:

I'm also going conspiracy and thinking FCA is doing this because the chemicals they use for the A/C are dangerous and cause weird shit if you breath it in for too long; look at the residue it leaves on the inside of the windshield. :thinking: